.:Chapter 60:.Two Birds, No Stone, Please Don't Kill My Birds.

Почніть із самого початку

Normally, it wouldn't take a lot out of him to spill his heart out, but something about their interaction right now is making him stutter with his words. It's like, their first time talking with each other.

All the butterflies, the silence, the occasional glances, legs touching, George's small hand fiddling with the paper, the pause.

It all seems like it's their first time, but it isn't so...Why is it like that? Why are we like this? What happened? What went wrong? Did I do something wrong?

"Stop."

"You're doing it again." He whispers and Dream feels himself calm again "sor..sorry." He feels lips press against his forehead then release "no.." Dream sighs loud and visible. George closes his book, he didn't even bookmark the page he was on.

"What's going on?" He asks, lifting his head to create eye contact. Dream freezes, why is he so flustered and shy today? "Look at me." George chuckles. Dream hesitates to look directly at George's eyes, it's not the first time and it sure won't be the last so...why is he so nervous??...

"Clay." He places his book far away and Dream finally looks at him in the eyes, why is he acting like this? what's going on today. "Is there something you want to tell me?" Dream shakes his head "It's just...I don't know what's going on with me today." he sighs, having a confused look on his face.

George's phone rings and the brunet huffs "Who is it?.." Dream asks quietly "Karl." George looks at his phone, yeah it's Karl.

"You should probably answer it." George shakes his head "No. He's going to ask if I'm stopping by today or if I want to hang out." George trails off and Dream nods to show he's listening "I'm not feeling it today." he says and Dream thinks about that sentence. I'm not feeling it today.

"It's been weeks, he misses you." Dream gives a smile and George smiles back "I just don't feel like talking with anyone." the blond let out a chuckle "You're talking with me." "You're different!" George scoffs before the both of them start laughing quietly. They sit in silence for a moment "I'm thinking..." George tilts his head, interested "Do you want to go to the cat cafe we went to last year?"

"Oh! I remember that grey cat. I wish I took it home with me." Dream suddenly perks up "Maybe it's still there." George's eyes lighten and suddenly the mood feels bright. Happy. It's like feeling a spark of electricity but in a good way.

Dream waits for an answer, and George again tilts his head. That's something about George that Dream also admires. The brunet realizes that he hasn't given Dream a yes or no "Yeah I'd like to go there." They both smile. It's been a while.
___________________

Let me tell you something, if it was another person, Dream wouldn't go out of his way and take a whole lot of breaks just to spend time with them. A mafia boss shouldn't be distracted but, with the help and permission from his father, Dream managed to get another week to spend time with George.

But after that, there are a lot of things he has to make up and he's willing to take the risk, he wants to be with George while he's at his lowest, and he wants to be there for him, but Dream doesn't want him to feel alone or unloved or uncared for, he wants to try his best to get George to feel better.

He holds onto his hand tightly as they walk on the sidewalk, Dream decided on walking instead of taking the car, thinking that maybe, fresh air might help George feel calm instead of anxious. He keeps George by his side and often checks up on him because maybe he's uncomfortable or, tired.

Well, Dream still wouldn't know cause the brunets expression is always straight, he doesn't show a lot. That's one of the things Dream wishes to come back to, George's open book. But now he'll just settle on asking, that can help them interact more with each other.