Chapter One: Dawn of a New Day

[The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.]

It was cold.

Whatever he was laying on, it was freezing cold. It seeped through his sweater vest and kissed his back with its frosty touch. He could feel a weak shudder wrack through his body as his mind swirled from his drifting consciousness. The sound of two people talking filtered poorly into his ears, their voices so muffled that it sounded like murmurs.

His lashes twitched from the bright light that seemed to be hanging directly above him, judging by the way he could practically see the blood vessels of his eyelids. Any attempt to turn his body away proved futile when he felt restraints smothering his movements and firmly keeping him in place.

The unintelligible chatter between the people suddenly quieted and [Name] finally opened his eyes. He had to squint and turn his head to the side so he could see better, but after the fog in his vision cleared up, he almost instantly regretted it. Memories of the events leading up to him being strapped down onto a table trickled into his drowsy mind and frigid panic squeezed his nerves. His senses returned to him in a blur, yet he was still discombobulated.

There were two men standing near the cold, metal table he was securely restrained to. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't see either of their faces. But he didn't need to see them to know that they were watching him.

"I recommend doing it now, sir."

[Name] began to cry, his 10-year-old body too weak to break free from the leather straps pinning him down. He so terribly wished that his aunt Mey would come bursting into the room to rescue him from these strangers. The fear welling in his chest intensified as the bigger of the two men began to walk towards him, his futile struggling continuing with growing desperation.

His fear roused his Quirk and six hands made of shadows squeezed out from between his back and the table. They moved sharply and thrashed in the air for a moment before hovering protectively over [Name], claws pointing threateningly at the man.

"Get away from me!" He sobbed, voice wavering into a shout.

The bulky stranger hadn't even stopped walking, completely dismissing the hostile Quirk aimed at him in warning.

"I expected Jun to have raised his son to be respectful," The man's calm voice drawled. "It's alright, I can fix that."

In one swift motion, all six Shadow Arms were grabbed and subdued in one of his hands. [Name] gaped in terror, his breath stuck in his throat as the man came to stand right beside him. Wide, teary [EyeColor(s)] eyes could only watch as the man brought his other hand up and reached for his face.

Almost immediately after his hand connected, pain coursed through [Name]'s head and spread to the rest of his body. He began to scream in agony and thrashed around wildly against his restraints despite knowing that there was no way out. It felt like his head was being split into two and the urge to dig his fingers into his hair manifested, his hands flexing uselessly as an alternative. Tears perpetually fell from his tightly shut eyes and he choked on his own sobs when he felt his body starting to unnaturally mutate. He could feel every bone that shifted, as well as the way that his skin began to stretch. His screams went ignored and he tried to jerk his head away from the man's grasp, although he failed.

"I'll mold you into the perfect tool."

[Name] awoke with a start, his blanket pooling around his waist as he sat up in his bed. His chest heaved with every shaky breath he took, fingers starting to have pins and needles from the way he was hyperventilating. He couldn't hear his own breathing from over the loud, rhythmic thumping of his heartbeat going crazy in his ears. Trembling hands reached up, although he noticeably froze as he stared at them in front of his face. The panicked [blonde, raven, etc.] quickly dropped his hands back to the bed and fisted the sheets to the point where his knuckles started to go white. He could feel his body heat radiating off of him, as well as the way his hair stuck to his forehead with sweat. The same went for his shirt, which he promptly pulled over his head and threw to the other side of his room.