CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

I woke to sound of my phone alarm which signaled it was only 7 am. I pulled my sheet up over my head. I didn't get to sleep until 5 am.

The alarm continued. I got up heading straight for the shower. By the time I was done and dressed, Shay was pounding on my door. I went to open it.

She jumped in, embracing me tightly.

"So I called your ph-------- hey, what's up with you?" She sit the door behind her and followed me I to the kitchen.

"With what?" I rubbed my eyes as I poured some orange juice.

"You, Laina. You look really beat up and your eyes are red."

"Am fine. Just some nightmares lately."

She stared at me intently. "You know that could can tell me anything--------- "

"Shay! Am fine." I retorted, feeling my anger rise. "Can we just drop it. I just need to sleep."

"Okay, am sorry." She said then added. "Luckily for you, you have Ma. Jacasal first. Then a free period."

"Great." I grunted.

**********
Class had began and everyone was here except Parker. Where was he? I turned to Ricky who didn't know either.

Its both like we were a thing. He'd made it pretty clear than he wasn't looking for a commitment, and neither did I. But.

"Ms. Vega!" Ms. Jacasal snapped her fingers in front of me. "Did you not hear the question."

"About what?" I answered rudely.

"About my home work assignment that I gave yesterday morning.", she stated.

"Oppps," I swooned innocently. "The dog ate my homework." The class laughed and Shay elbowed me.

"Out of my class now." She snarled.

"That is the smartest thing I've heard you say all morning." I said getting up.

"And please stop by the Dean's office on your way, someone's wasting their time to see you." She said turning back to her class.

I left letting the door close with a loud slam. Serves her right.

I got in my car and drove to Dean Daniel's office which was on the other side of campus. I was greeted by the secretary and she told me to have a wait.

I sat with a loud thud on the chair, earning a few glances. I got out my phone and started playing games.

"Ms. Vega?" Someone said moments later.

I stared up to find Dean Daniel. I smilled and she smilled back at me. "Ms. Vega, how are we today?"

"Tired and hungry."

"Well, after you've finished talking to your mother in my office----------- "

"My mother?!" I went rigid, alarm bells going off in my head. What the fuck did she want now?