CHAPTER ELEVEN~

The mall was huge, like really huge and filled with people. We climbed stairs or stood on escalators because I refused to get into the elevator. I hated elevators.

I bought a navy blue fur carpet with white paw prints for my bedroom, a lamp, some new jeans, jerseys and snacks. All this shopping was making me hungry and I opened a pan of Pringles and ate three at a time.

"How can you be hungry and you ate a big ass burger, fries and large sprite." Lola said.

"And that was only a hour and a half ago." Shay added with a smuggled look.

"Fast metabolism." I shrugged shoving another three in my mouth.

"Hey you guys want ice cream?" Shay asked.

"Yes please, vanilla." I said with a grin and she shook her head before leaving. "Not gonna say what flavor? I turned to Lola

" No, Shay knows me plus she's my new roommate. "Lola smilled." Come on I wanna check out some teddies, its over there."

We rounded a corner and came to a big store filled with teddy bears both crafted and stuffed. Teddy bears of all different sizes and colours.

"Isn't this cool!" She exclaimed.

"No not really," I smilled at her spirit."I'm not found of dolls."

"I love them, before my dad had died, he'd give me a teddy on each of my birthday." She said, stopping at a big tiger one. I thought that was a sweet tradition.

My phone vibrated. I checked the screen and saw it was Roderick

Lunch, tomorrow at eleven and I'm bringing your new phone. XO .R.
P.s. am sorry :)

XOs? I chuckled slightly.

"Are you and your dad close?" Lola asked. I didn't like to talk about my personal self so I shrugged and smilled. Changing topic.

"So what are you studying to become?" I asked.

"An actress, I've always like transforming into something that's not me. A different personality, life." She said."To get away."

"From?"

"Life. Here." She smilled, then paid for her teddy. I can tell she was had a deeper meaning but I didn't press, instead I excused myself and wandered around.

I passed a couple of sports shops, antique stores and food place. I slowed my step as I noticed a family sitting at a bench.

I never looked the way they did, never what it was like. Roderick had left when I was three, I didn't know why and I didn't care. My mother, Linden, was just another product of the drug and ghetto mentality. At times she'd disappear for days, weeks, sometimes those weeks turned into months. I was being hassled between foster homes, juvenile facilities and the law. Sometimes she'd get one of her boyfriends to get me out but then she was gone again. I didn't have anything to live for and I didn't care. But why should I when everyone I've known had given up on me.

I turnt a corner and knocked into something hard, someone, but before I fell to the ground I felt an arm slip round my waist and steadied me upright again.