CHAPTER SEVEN

I cleared my throat. I really didn't need anything but I found myself asking for coffee. Black no additives.

"You drink coffee like Roderick, he's your father." She smilled, and I didn't bother to ask." Shay, coffee!"

I stared around, there were an upstairs and unlike here which was filled with tables, there was rows of shelves filled with books.

"Do you want to look around?"
"No am not a reader, its boring." I said the went and sat at a table. The store was starting to fill.

"Well, I've got to run to the grocery store, I'll be back soon." She said, then added loudly" Hopefully by then, Shay'll be done with your coffee!" She grabbed her jacket of a rack and left.

I stared at the painting of a woman that looked exactly like both the lady and her daughter. They all looked like gypsies. Weird family.

"Here you go, ma'am." A soft voice spoke from behind me. I turnt to the girl. Shay.

"How old do you think I am, we're same age. Shay right?" I said.

"Yes, it is. Sorry about that. Being polite is more of my curse than a blessing." She rested the coffee down. I searched my pockets and realised I'd left my purse home. Shit. "Oh no, no pay. First customer is usually free. Can I get you a brownie or something. They're really delicious. I baked."

Before I could offer thanks someone spoke up.

"Are you tryna make new friends shay?" The bimbo blonde sneered.

"You're the bitch that was messing with Shay earlier." I smilled up.

"And who are you? Her fairy witch mother." The girl smirked.

"Yeah, you can call me that." I shrugged.

"What do you want Mia?"

"What I want is for you to leave my man alone. Stay away from him." She pointed then turn to me, smirked, flip her hair over the shoulder and modeled out.

I shook my head and stared up at Shay.
" Thanks."

"Oh I didn't do it for you," I shrugged." I just hate bullies, especially the fake ones."

She smilled." I should have waited until school opened to start campus."

"Wait, you can start now?"

"Sure, principal Hailey likes when kids come in and settle early and get a feel of the college first."

Hmmmm good. Reacquainted wasn't one of my new rules.

"Thanks for the coffee." I got up.

"See you around." Shay smilled.