CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I had slept through the rest of my classes and I had decided to stop by the beach café after school. Dropping Lola and Shay off at the dorm I drove off.

I ordered my usual at the counter before sitting at the usual table. I pulled out my phone while I waited and realised I had a few missed calls. Three from dad and two from Kem.

I dialed Kem's number and it ranged twice before he picked up.

"Hey babe," he answered.

"Hey," I smilled widely. "I missed you."

I heard him swoon like a girl and I blushed. "I missed you more. How are things going?"

"Good," I shrugged. "Boring and lame but good."

"And how are the boys treating you?"

"I'm beating them off with a stick." I chuckled but my mind drifted away to Jay.

Why did he have to be such an asshole all the time?

"Laina?" I heard Kem call. "You there?"

"Yeah sorry, I kinda zonned out." I said, out of no where i spotted Jay at the bar. Staring directly at me. "What were you saying?"

"I'm supposed to be heading to my grands for a few weeks, I wanted to stop out at you first, have some fun."

"That's awesome babe," this is so awesome I really missed Kem and all our fun. "Can't wait to see you, do you want me pick you up at the airport?"