Knowing the Truth

15 Knowing the Truth

Castor was cleared by security at the executive reception desk. They had a security clearance pass that'd give him access to everywhere in the building. Castor opened the doors, took a deep breath, and stepped into the Executive Office Floor.

Amelie smiled, "Welcome, Mr. Tsitak; Dr. Quinn is waiting."

Castor nodded and greeted everyone he passed by. Then he tried out his security pass at Arryn's door. It worked, and Castor walked in to see Arryn standing there waiting.

"What took you so long," Arryn grinned and pulled Cas in for a kiss.

"Henry had issue with me," whispered Castor returning the kiss.

"I'm sure Dr. Junge will let me know all about it," Arryn chuckled, walking to his desk. Castor followed, "I did lose my patience with him."

Arryn pulled out the file his uncle handed him last night, "You? Lose your patience? That's something I can't imagine."

Arryn slid the file over to Castor, "My Uncle Allen provided me with this. It belonged to my parents."

"What is it, Arry?" Cas asked.

"That is what I need you to figure out." Arryn turned serious, "It's encrypted, and my parents wanted me to have it."

Castor's eyes lit up at the mention of an encryption, "I will get right to work on this... um... Where?" Castor asked, looking around the room.

"Oh, we need to figure out a new layout in here, but for now, you can work at my desk," Arryn pointed and then pointed elsewhere, "or even at that table."

"Thank you," Castor felt elated that he could finally be working on something other than running errands.

Arryn showed Castor a secret door in the office, which led to archives of old books and scrolls, "My dear, you may find what you need in here. Stacy, my A.I. has everything cataloged and can assist you with finding what you need."

Castor was awestruck at the size of the archives, several floors filled with aisles and shelves, "I could get lost in here and not mind."

Arryn smiled and squeezed Castor's hand, "I'd find you and bring you back."

Castor realized how trusting Arryn was; even Gerald seemed to trust him. It would look suspicious to outsiders like Henry if they knew how recent Arryn and he had met, "I don't know how to ask this without being misunderstood."

Arryn reassuringly squeezed Castor's hand, "Trust me to not misunderstand and know what is true in your heart."

"Henry was insinuating things about us, and it got me thinking. How is it that you can trust me and be so open about access to such highly confidential things?" Castor asked.

"I have my secrets, but I won't keep them from you. My parents, uncle, and cousin know that I can see through a person's lies. It's a gift I have but keep quiet about it. Because I can, they all trust me and my decisions about others. Now you are aware of this. As you are now part of the few, I trust."

Things started to make sense to Castor. Arryn knew he was not hiding anything.

Oddly enough, this put Castor at ease. He realized that no one could lie and try to get in between them. He wondered what gifts and powers he may have and when Arryn would have time to help him learn.