Funneh- Sudden confessions

A slump up silhouette lay down on the bed, holding their phone with an opened group chat. Falling in love is something every teenager experience. Love is a beautiful thing, however love also brings pain and agony.

Moreso, when the person you're falling for is your own best friend. Y/N stared at the opened group chat. Their best friend, Prince, is talking highly of his crush. This grew an unfamiliar feeling in their body, their blood feels like boiling, their gut being punched millions of times by the force of the unknown, their eyes threaten to rain down.

They tried to push the emotion away but it kept getting bigger. They tried locking up in the deepest parts of their brain but to no avail. It kept getting bigger and stronger.

"Maybe sleeping will help.." they huffed. They slammed their face on the soft pillow. Oh how they wish the pillow was a huge rock.

A few weeks flew by dreadfully for Y/N as they have to face Prince's every weekdays. Falling for your best friend is bad enough but if your best friend also happens to be your classmate? You're screwed (and you're also an idiot lol.)

Y/N sat near a bench to rest a bit after competitively playing during PE. They were watching their classmates and other classes play when a familiar girl approached them. The girl, named Kat is a friend of Prince so they did say a word or two and had proper conversations before.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Kat asks as she points to a sit next to Y/N "Sure, have a sit." They nonchalantly replied and continue drinking their water.

A short silence filled the atmosphere. Then, Kat spoke. "I know that you know that Prince likes someone else"

Y/N froze. Their whole body just shut down in an instant. They put their water bottle down and decided to play it off cool. "That's a rare information you got," Y/N smiles "Yeah, what about it?"

Kat chuckles which made Y/N quzzled. "Look, I have nothing against any of you, but.." suddenly she went quiet. Her eyes met theirs and they both stayed in the exact position before she continued. "I like you since the moment I lay my eyes on you." They could see her eyes are full of love.

Y/N was stunned again. "YOU WHAT??" They exclaimed in horror. They looked around to see if anyone heard the sudden confession. "Are you actually being serious right now?" Kat just nodded.

"Do you think that I would just lie about my feelings?" Her tone was hurt but still cheery. Kat gave Y/N her signature cute puppy eyes which made Y/N's guts sink. Their mind is full of guilt.

As Y/N was about to say a word, flashbacks of them and Prince having the best time of they're lives appeared. Prince's sweet laugh is like melodies to their ears.

"But I don't like you like that Kat.. I'm so sorry but I ca-" they were interrupted by a laugh. This made Y/N puzzled even more. Kat looked at the poor person and understood how confused they were. She chuckled, "I never said I wanted to make it official though, I just said I like you." She gave Y/N a huge, sincere smile and walked off.

[Hi? I guess I'm back now? I'm sorry for being absent my mental health is NOT doing well but it's getting better ig. It's currently 12 40 am and I wrote this in like 5 minutes so no proofread, lots of grammar mistakes. Also writing use they/them pronouns are so hard but I did it! Love u guys and pelase continue to support the krew <333]