Funneh- Heather

Based on the song, Heather by Conan Gray, so if you wanna listen to it while reading this, feel free.

___

"'I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater,,,

You were sitting on the rooftop of a building on a cold chilly day. It was your safe place and a special place for you and another's heart.

"Hey." Your train of thoughts disappeared when you heard a female voice. "Kat! God I missed you." You both grinned. Kat started to tell a story that happened to her. You listen attentively until you felt the chills. 'Crap I forgot my jacket' you mumbled, cursing yourself. Kat looked at you and noticed you shivering.

"Want my sweater?" She offered kindly. You were shocked. "No no you'll be cold." "No bother I'm a Canadian! Besides I have an extra jacket in my bag."

Third of December, the day that would forever make your heart flutter whenever remembering it.

"'You said it looked better on me than it did you,,,

"Kat!" You exclaimed grabbing her attention. "What's up?" You shyly pulled a piece of clothing from your locker.

"Heres your sweater, I forgot to give it to you earlier." She smiled softly at you. "No keep it." You looked confused, why would she let you keep it. "Why though? You just bought it?"

"Don't worry! It looked better on you than on me anyways." She smiles and left.

"'Only if you knew how much I liked you,,,

She's telling you a story with full excitement, but you weren't focusing on the story, you were focusing on her. How could someone be so perfect? The way she walks, the way she talks, the way she scrunches her nose when she cringed. For you, she has no flaws, she's perfect.

'God wish you knew how much I like you Kat, how much I love you..' You screamed in your head. She's like a disease, love is a disease. A disease that could do horrible things one would do.

"'But I watch your eyes as she walks by,,,

You were with her on a bench at school, you were complaining about the amount of assignments you have. You realised that you were talking on your own.

'She's staring at him again..' you thought. Her lovey eyes on him wouldn't go unnoticed by you. He looks back at her and waved. "Y/n did you see that? He waved at me!" Kat whispered in a fangirl manner.

"'What a sight for sore eyes,,,

"He did? You're so lucky!" You tried to say it enthusiastically, but deep down you felt sad, you felt mad, you felt envy all at once.

You hated it, you hate the way she looks at him. You wish that was you. You knew that the boy, Alec clearly has the same feelings for her. You can't do anything about it, as feelings can't be controlled.

"'Brighter than the blue sky,,,

He smiles at Kat as bright as the sky, even the sky would be jealous of the smile he worn. Why? Why? Why? 'why don't I have the same smile as him?'

"'She's got you mesmerised while I die,,,

She's drifting away from you. Everyday she would excuse you to be with him. Everyday you would sit alone to the place you usually would hang out. She's head over heel for that boy, leaving you behind, replacing you.

"'Why would you ever kiss me?,,,

You stared at her lips as she talks to him. Tears threaten to escape your eyes. She looked so happy, the way you used make her feel.

"'I'm not even half as pretty,,,

You were nothing compared to him, his smartness, his charms, most importantly his looks. He made you feel small, he made you feel self-conscious, he made you feel insecure. 'No wonder she fell for him' you said, no one in the room, just you and your thoughts.

"'You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester,,,

"Isn't that your favourite sweater?" You said, waiting for her after her date with him. "Yeah but he forgot to bought his. Thank God I had a jacket in my bag."
There it is, Deja vu.

"But you literally wouldn't let anyone touch it not even me. You had it since like forever!" You said, anger burning in your chest. We're you not important?

"But he's cold! It's not that it matters, it's just polyester anyways." She shrugged, clearly not interested in the topic. You stayed silent, but deep down you were hurt a little.

"'But you like her better, Wish I were heather,,,

You lay in bed feeling hopeless, why would you even try? She clearly likes Alec more than you, and you can't change that.

'God I wish I were you..' you mumbled under your pillow. Why him? Why him? Why not you? What does he have that you don't? Just thinking about it made you feel pathetic.

"'Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand,,,

There you are again, walking alone, just a few metres behind from her. Of course at that point they were a couple, even the whole school calls it the power couple.

He's holding her hand, the hand from the person you crave touch from. It hurts, these foreign feelings suddenly appearing.

"'Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder,,,

Your heart shattered, she wrapped her arms around that boy. You should be used to it, but every time she does that you get deja vu, your heart would shattered as if it's this ice.

You feel cold without her warm embrace, you feel empty. Hatred for Alec builds up in you.

"'But how could I hate her, she's such an angel,,,

But how is he so nice? Why is he so nice to you? Why did he help you when you need it? Whats the sole reason you hating him? Easy, jealousy.

It's not his fault, it was never his fault. He just fell in love like any human would. It was you. You were jealous and unmatured. You dont know what to do with the sudden and foreign feeling to uahbe been having. You're lost, you feel tired,. You feel betrayed somehow.

"'But then again kinda wish she were dead,,,

You wish that was you, you wish that she would return your feelings and hug you like she does to him, you wish he was dead.

Your jealousy has been building the day she lay eyes on him, the day she slowly drifting off from you, the day you felt alone.

You decided to make a spontaneous decision to move to a different state. You didn't bother to tell Kat, your once best friend that you're moving.

She didn't spare a glance at you lately. She's clearly happy, and that's all you needed to hear. You looked at her from afar one last time, before you try to move on. "Goodbye Kat, i'm not going to
disturb your happiness anymore." You said sadly and walk away.

___

Date: 11 October 2021
Time: 1:08 A.M

I should really be sleeping right cuz I have a vaccine appointment tomorrow- I'm low-key scared but low-key excited.