eighty-two: superposition

Start from the beginning

༺❀༻

Danielle Tyler stared at Kennedy Stallard. She watched the girl with dyed auburn hair flip through a textbook. "You reek," The werecoyote blankly stated.

Kennedy looked up, "Gee, thanks,"

"I mean you smell like anxiety." Dani followed, leaning over the table and closing Kennedy's textbook. The Stallard sighed, glancing up towards the pink-haired girl. "What's wrong?"

Kennedy looked around. They were sitting outside at one of the tables like they usually did. It was their free period. She looked to her side, feeling like she was missing something. "Do you think seers can sense when something is missing?"

Dani rose a suspicious brow. "Something? Or someone?" She asked.

"Both?"

Danielle bit her tongue as she tried to think. She was still relatively new to the pack, but she was close with Kennedy and felt like she was able to be honest with her opinions. "Seers have a sense of clairvoyance, right? So yeah, there's a chance." She pursed her lips as she turned to her bag. "There's something else," Kennedy frowned as she watched her friend dig through her backpack, pulling out a notebook. "When you had your vision the other night, I put this and a pen in front of you, in case you wrote anything." She explained.

Kennedy looked at it, "And did I?" Danielle didn't answer. She opened up her notebook, her fingers skimming through the pages before she landed on one. Placing the notebook on the table, she turned it towards Kennedy, sliding it across the surface. Kennedy leaned over, looking at it. "What is this?"

It was a drawing of someone. Kennedy was never an artist. Her extent was stick figures and flowers. But this? This was far more detailed. The person had no eyes. They were scratched out. So honestly, it was an eery thing to look at. It was a boy with messy dark hair, and a sharp jawline with a slight shadow where some facial hair was growing. He had thin lips and birth marks on both sides of his face. He was familiar. Kennedy frowned as she moved to touch the photo.

It reminded her of a time, shortly after Scott was bit. There was a drawing of a wolf in her notebook that had appeared. When she looked away and looked back, it was gone. But this, this wouldn't go away.

"Kennedy," The Stallard looked up, her eyes wide as she looked at Danielle. The girl with pink hair pursed her lips as she tilted her head. "Are you okay?"

"Kennedy!"

The girl whipped her head around at the sound of a voice. That voice. She knew that voice. She stood up, leaving her things behind. She recognized that voice and she knew that voice. The urgency flooding her body caused her to break into a sprint. Her legs carried her as she ran. She ran around a corner, and suddenly everything was different.

It was nighttime. It was the other night again. She was back in her light pink floral dress and tan boots. She looked around, watching the wind blow leaves through.

"You know me. Oh, thank God. You know me."

The girl looked around. Nobody was there. Why was nobody there?

"Hey, do you see him?"

Leaves spun around her and her hair was in her face. She didn't remember this happening. It didn't happen, did it? Well, it must have. She wouldn't make this up. She wouldn't feel this way if it wasn't real. She turned as she felt something on her face. It was as if someone she couldn't see was holding her face in their hands.

"Come on!"

Kennedy felt as if someone had grabbed her hand, tugging her away. She ran down the side walk. She felt sick. Her head was spinning as she looked around. She came to a stop.