chapter 10

Syere POV

Anubis fixes his appearance before answering.

"Yes?"

The servant from before enters the room. "Dinner's ready your highness..." He drifts off his eyes falling on me nervously.

"Do you want to change?" He looks at me.

"Mhm."

"Then hurry up and do so." He persisted rushing the servant out of the room so that I may change.

"You don't need to run him away, he's seen almost everything already." I shrug laughing lightly.

"What?"

The room falls quiet at my comment but I ignore it going to change out of my clothes.

•••

We were having dinner in the dining room again. No words spoken between either of us.

I sigh picking at my food glancing over at Anubis. He senses my gaze looking over at me,

"Yes, Syere?" He raises a brow.

"I'm not hungry, I honestly just want head." I mutter.

"Oh you do?" He calls over a servant with a calm smile making my eyes furrow deeply in confusion.

A servant comes over with a tray placing it at the center of the table in front the both of us before uncovering it.

My fork clatters to the table in shock. I swallow hard slowly moving my eyes away from the decapitated head of the servant from before and onto Anubis.

"Um what the fuck is this?"

"Head." He shrugs eating his food casually.

I glare at him. "You think you're funny? Why did you kill him?"

"You may not love me yet but that doesn't mean you can go around cheating on me with my own servants." He looks at me warily.

My face falls, bewildered at his words. "What?"

I begin to laugh slowly becoming hysterical. "You think I cheated on you? Where is this even coming from?"

In the midst of my laughter I call over a servant for a cloth to wipe my eyes of tears.

"He saw you naked did he not? So you obviously did something with him." He grumbles his frustration rising as the conversation progressed.

I chuckle, dismissing the servant. "He saw me naked because he walked in while I was changing a few days ago. I didn't do anything with that nerd—"

I cover my mouth turning my eyes to the head silently apologizing. "Oh sorry."

"Well he can't see shit now with his eyes gone." He smiles at the head.

I blink slowly in shock unable to say anything.

Okay then...so don't cheat on Anubis got it.

"Anyway...do you have any kingly duties to attend to tomorrow?" I question out of curiosity going back to picking at my food.

"Why are you asking?" He smiles at me however, a sound breaks my attention momentarily.

Grabbing my chin he turns my head back towards him. "Pay attention."

"I was simply curious." I answer honestly. 

"Just curious?" He raises a brow.

"Yea, or we're you hoping to hear that I'd miss you?" I challenged.