prologue.

TW: mention and acts of suicide.

Syere POV

I glare at him from my place on the bed where I was forced to sit with my hands tied with only a towel to cover me.

Why am in this situation you may wonder? Because I tried to kill myself once again and so I was tied up onto to this bed to prevent me from leaving or trying to hurt myself again by the man who I was suddenly betrothed to, the god of the underworld.

"Let me go." I demanded.

"I'll let you go when you stop trying to kill yourself." He mutters getting up from his seat that faced directly towards the bed.

"I wasn't even trying to do that." I argued.

"Oh were you perhaps planning to fight some invisible enemy with the dagger you stole from me?"

I grumble becoming frustrated. "Just let me go." I snapped.

His eyes darkens at my rise in tone and I couldn't help but recline immediately from his gaze. The look in his eyes was enough for me to submit for the moment.

"I promise I won't do it again so please, untie me." I plead.

He stares at me for a moment reading my expression until he sighs. "You're lying."

"I'm not."

I am.

He shakes his head walking over to the door. "I'm gonna go get us some food, what do you want to eat?"

I smile. "How about some fugu? Why don't you make it undercooked so it poisons me better."

His face falls. "I'll just get us some wagyu beef. Don't move."

"Does it look like I can do that?!" I snap but he ignores me shutting the door behind him without another word.

I sighed. "I actually really did want some fugu."

I struggled with the rope around my wrist trying my best to slip my hands out of the bind but only hurt myself more in the process.

"Fuck it hurts." I grumble giving up for a moment.

"Why'd he have to tie it so tightly?" I curse stumbling out of the bed.

Walking over to the window I peer through the curtains looking out and seeing how far up we were from the ground.

The distance between the ground and the floor I currently resided on was miles as I couldn't see past the clouds that blurred the descent to the ground.

I observe the demons that passed by on the backs of the winged creatures. I sigh closing the curtains laying down on the bed once again.

Since I'm stuck here allow me to recap how I ended up here in the first place.

A few hours earlier

"God...I've come yet again in hopes for your guidance. My daughter she hasn't tried to kill herself in some months but I can see it in her eyes, somethings wrong. She won't talk to me or her dad and I don't what else there is to do. We've tried therapy, medication just about everything and nothing helps. Please God I'm begging for your help. What am I supposed to do? How can I help her? Give me an answer please? I beg of you."

I could overhear my mothers desperate voice as she prayed on to her divine savior as I stood outside her bedroom door waiting for her to come out.

I don't understand why she hasn't given up by now. No matter what she does or how much times she's prayed, her suicidal daughter still remains,

Anubis On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara