Chapter 46

|Scar Mejia|

"How was Mexico the last time you went?" Liam said.

"The last time I went to Mexico, I went to a few clubs, got jumped by hunters, the whole lot." I looked at him.

"Oh."

I turned around when I heard Malia and Stiles walking down the stairs.

"Go home. You aren't coming with us." Stiles and Malia rushed past us.

"Why not?" Liam asked.

"Cause it's a full moon and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico for you to rip my throat out." Stiles explained, being dramatic.

"You can lock me up right? Chain me to the back of the seat or something."

"You tore threw the last chains remember?" Malia added.

"Yeah, We would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there."

I rolled my eyes at Stiles' Star Wars reference.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asked.

Stiles glared, "Really? You haven't seen it either?"

"You can come." I smiled at Liam.

"Scar." I turned around and lowly growled at Stiles. "Fine. He can come but you're in charge of him."
___________________________

"Remember what we're dealing with here. It's not just Kate, it's the berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume there's any humanity left in them." Peter said.

"This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" He said referring to Liam.

I pushed Liam behind me, glaring at Peter.

"Don't worry, my friend, it is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone, you don't fight berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

With that being said, we got into our individual vehicles. I got in the back of the truck with Liam, Stiles and Derek.

"Why aren't you riding in the front with Braeden?" Liam asked.

"I want to help you."

"I might hurt you."

"I have faith in you." Derek locked the handcuffs around Liam's wrists.

"All good?" Derek asked Liam, who tugged on his chains to check. "I brought something to help you. It's been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful supernatural talisman. We use it to help betas to control themselves on a full moon."

Liam suddenly grunted, startling all three of us.

"Whatever you're gonna teach me," He looked up as his eyes changed to bright yellow, "I think you better start."

"Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it and focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you." Derek instructed.

"Okay. Okay! What are the words?" Liam grunted again.

"Look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back. It's the same thing. Each spiral means something." He explained.

"Alpha, beta, omega." I added.

"It represents the idea that you can always rise to one and fall to another. Betas can become alphas."

"Alphas can become betas." Stiles said.

"Can alphas become omegas?" Liam asked.

Derek nodded. "All you have to do is say the three words and each time tell yourself that you're getting calmer and more in control. Go ahead."