28

Brittany's POV
I wait in the auditorium seats, looking at the empty stage. Rachel storms on (she's so tiny, it's even cuter when she's trying to be aggressive) and clicks her fingers. The spotlight lands on her.

"Okay people. We have a performance this afternoon, for our assorted friends. This is very important, and needs to go perfectly." She faces out on us. Before she can continue, Kurt follows her onto the stage.
"Rach, take a breath."
"How can you say that, when we are performing in less than three hours, yet we have no costumes, no choreography, and no idea of who is singing what."

We watch them quietly argue, until Rachel throws up her hands and storms back off. Kurt inhales and brings his hands down.
"I think that we should split into smaller groups- even just a girl-slash-boy split. Each group comes up with a number, then we do a big group number at the end. Or something like that."

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my boyfriend." Blaine whispers, making me laugh. But everyone else is nodding along with Kurt.

Rachel is pissed off, so she storms offstage. Then realises she went the wrong way, and walks back.

We all file onto the stage, and try to split into groups. I end up with Tina, Kurt, Sam, Mercedes and Puck.
"Should we go get her?" I ask Kurt. It's been nearly fifteen minutes, and Rachel is nowhere to be seen.
"She'll be in the bathroom. Don't worry, this is normal. She just doesn't like me being in charge."
"This happened a lot?"
"We went to high school together. It was a weekly occurrence. Practically tradition."

Puck plays a few chords on his guitar. It only takes a few seconds for me to recognise the iconic intro of 'sweet Caroline'.

It annoys me how good Puck is at singing. But I don't really hate him. He's just an idiot.

"So, we could sing this. If you want. I don't really mind that much." He says, sitting his guitar down.

"Personally, I think that song would be much more suitable for a finale." Rachel appears back on stage. Her and Kurt share a look, and he just gives her a slight nod. She's forgiven.

We brainstorm for a little longer, and finally come up with a set list. The other group have rejoined at this point, and we start working on choreography.

We're starting with Dog Days Are Over, which Tina and Mercedes agree to duet, and then everyone comes on stage by the end.

Next is You Get What You Give, which is your classic group number. A few people have a solo, everyone dances, all set to a feel good tune. (I don't get a solo, but I wasn't expecting to)

We follow that up with Rachel finally getting her solo. She's going to sing It's All Coming Back To Me Now, which is one of her favourite songs.

Kurt manages to get a solo as well, and he'll be singing Roses Turn. It's from a musical or something l, and I've never heard it before, but from the way that everyone else (bar Puck, Finn, and Sam) cheers and nods, it's a good one.

Last up is Pucks song, Sweet Caroline. He's getting a few verses of this, and everyone else joins in on the chorus and bridge.

In conclusion, if this works, then it's going to be awesome! Maybe Santana will be so amazed, she'll even join Glee Club as well.

After we finish choosing our set list, we split up to go prepare some other things. Me, Rachel, Sam and Mercedes are put on costume duty. Rachel and Kurt provide us with a very strict, very specific, list of clothes they want to wear (they don't care about what we wear).

But then Kurt remembers that he already owns a black sequinned waistcoat and matching shoes, so he won't need us to find one. That just leaves Rachel with her requests for an outfit.