12

Brittany's POV and the others
On Sunday, I have to go out to an extra Glee rehearsal. Rachel managed to book us in at a gig, in Central Park. It's for some charity or something, I'm not sure. I kind of zoned out while she was talking. Santana said she would come and watch, if nothing else came up, but we both know she has nothing else to do.

When I arrive in the auditorium, I think I'm first there. Until Rachel appears, with her arms full of sheet music. When she sees me her face lights up.
"Brittany! It's great to see you here, how have you been? Any thoughts about your routine yet? I was thinking, we could incorporate a solo in for you-"
"Rach, calm down. I can't keep track of what you're saying. Don't get all panicked."
"How can I not? In high school, I was the pioneer of my show choir. We changed it for my school completely. What if I've lost my skill?"

I'm not sure there even is a skill for show choir, but Rachel has enough to worry about.

"It's going to be fine. You have dancers, strong singers, and some reasonably hot members. That's literally all you need." I reassure her. She nods, and seems to relax slightly.
"I'm just nervous."
"Trust me, we all are. And, you and Finn? Last night?"
"You saw us?"
"I saw you dressed really nicely, walking towards his apartment. It was Santana that said it to me."
"How does she know about me having a crush on Finn? Did you tell her?"
"She heard Tina talking about in when you came into ours for a rehearsal."
"Oh. Well, I had a lovely time. Finn is very sweet, and attractive."
"But what about the height difference? How did you kiss?"
"Well, he sort of leant down, and I stood up on my tiptoes. Nevertheless, it was a very nice kiss. What about you, any dates?"

Sam flashes through my head, followed by Santana. Which is dumb, because I'm not even dating Santana. And I'm not telling Rachel about Sam. I don't want her pity.

"Nope, I'm just focusing on making friends right now. I've got the rest of my life to fall in love."
"Are you sure? I could fix you up with some friends of mine, if you wanted?"

Nope nope nope. I love Rachel, but I don't think I can spend time with any of her weird theatre friends. They randomly start singing, or recite whole plays when you ask them a simple question.

"It's fine, seriously. Okay, what songs are we going to be performing. I'm really excited, aren't you?"
"I guess. But I am quite nervous."
"We're all doing this Rachel. It's not all on your shoulders. Look, here's some more people now."

Mercedes and Tina walk in, giggling over something on Tina's phone. When they see us on stage, Mercedes eyes light up.

"Britt? Did I see you on a date yesterday? I have to say, you and Santana will be a pretty powerful couple. Who asked who?"

What?

"Cedes, what are you talking about? I'm not dating Santana."
"Really? You were practically sitting on each other's knees, and holding hands."
"That was just...we're best friends. Nothing more."
"If you say so. Right, Rachel, what songs are we doing? And if you haven't given me a solo, then I swear to god-"

They wander off together, with Mercedes' voice rising every so often with threats. Tina turns to me, and taps my hand.

"You okay Britt? Is there anything going on with you and Santana? You can tell me. I won't tell Mercedes."

I look at Tina. Her eyes are clear, and I know that I can trust her.

"Well... I guess I kind of have a crush on her."
"I don't blame you. I mean, her body is gorgeous."
"Right?! But she's straight. Although, she did ask me how I knew that I was bi."
"Britt, that's a massive tell. She's obviously questioning her sexuality, and probably because of you. You have a chance."
"But I don't wanna push her."
"Just give her time. I give it 3 weeks."
"Until what?"
"She admits her feelings for you."
"That's not going to happen."
"Don't count on it. Okay, let's go find the other two before they kill each other."