25

Santana's POV
On Thanksgiving, I wake up early. The sun is just rising, and Quinn is still asleep. We just watched a movie last night, and she let me paint her nails in rainbow colours. I know that she'll just repaint them black the second she leaves, but it was still fun.

I get out of bed. It's harder than I thought it would be, since Quinn is in here with me. She has some serious attachment issues. And the heating hasn't been working recently, so it's actually warmer with her in bed with me.

I walk through to the kitchen, and turn on the lights. They catch on the frosted windows, showing how cold it is. I pull on some socks, and a hoodie, over my T-shirt and tank top.

Normally, at this time, I would have been up for hours. My mom makes up a most of chores for us all to do, and god help us if we haven't finished them by the time the first guest arrives. From then on, our tiny house slowly gets busier. There's never enough seats, and way too many family members who comment on 'how grown up you look' and give you kisses that leave red lipstick on your cheek for hours.

But now, I feel at peace. The apartment is in dead silence, and I can't hear any cars on the road outside. There's barely anyone left here anyway. They're all away with family, or just getting out of town. But I want to stay here. And Quinn escaped from her college to come here, so I'm not alone.

I check my phone for texts (there's none) and then I go onto Instagram to check peoples posts. I've been tagged in a party invite, for tonight. And I know that we've just been to a party, but this could be fun. It's in an apartment in the city, and it's being hosted by a girl in one of my classes.

I text her to let her know that me and Quinn will show, then I go back through to my bedroom. Quinn is still asleep, her hair sticking out at odd angles from under the sheets. She looks so peaceful.

I try to fall asleep again, but I can't. Sighing, I get out of bed again and pick up my phone. Brittany has texted, a string of messages saying that she missed me, and that she wanted to talk to me.

I go across to my own bed, so the light from my phone doesn't wake up Quinn.

S-'Hey B'
B-'omg u finally texted!!'
S-'sorry I was out. but I can talk now'
B-'it's fine. How r u?'
S-'fine. u?'
B-'missing you. but it's nice to see my dad and sugar again. my mom was a bitch tho
S-'Aww, how come?'
B-'she was just being difficult'
S-'that sucks.'
B-'how's Quinn'
S-'she's fine. I don't think she's enjoying Yale as much as she thought she would'
B-'is she okay though?'
S-'she gets blackout drunk whenever we go out, but apart from that she's doing okay'
B-'I want to meet her soo bad!'
S-'I know, I want you two to meet as well.'
B-'soon'
S-'definitely. anyways, if I don't get to talk to you later, happy thanksgiving xx'
B-'same to you. bye x'

I sit down my phone as the green dot beside Brittany's name disappears, showing that she's gone offline.  I stare up at the ceiling, the paint flaking away in the corners. When Brittany gets back, we should repaint this room. Maybe pink, or yellow.

I wonder how Quinn must sound to Brittany. I forget that she doesn't know the real low points that Quinn has been to. Getting blackout drunk is an improvement- I've seen her much, much worse.

Maybe she should get help. But I don't know who she would go to. Her mom wouldn't want anything to do with her, and Quinn doesn't have anyone else. There's probably a councillor or something at Yale, but Quinn would refuse to go.

All I can do is try. And hopefully something will get better, for Quinn.

When Quinn finally wakes up, the sun has fully risen, and I've gone out to get us both coffees. She walks into the kitchen, running a hand through her hair and yawning.