6

Santana's POV
When we get on campus, with 5 minutes to spare, I let myself breathe. Brittany adjusts her bag to the other shoulder, and gives me a nervous smile.
"I'm in here, so I guess this is goodbye?" She says. I nod, trying to dredge up that tiny bit of confidence I have left.
"Yep. How about I make dinner tonight? Pasta?"
"Sounds great. See you then."

I wave bye and start walking. There are students everywhere, and I keep getting pushed. When I finally find my room, there's a blonde guy who has been walking alongside me for a while. When he bumps into me for the fourth time, I've had enough.

"Jesus, what is your problem?" I spit out. He frowns at me, and turns to face me properly. I have a double take, because he has some of the biggest lips I've ever seen. I realise that I've been staring, and shift my gaze back up to his eyes. He has the audacity to look confused.
"Excuse me? Are you okay?" He asks. I take a deep breath and try not to slap him.
"No, not really. And you know what would really help? If you didn't keep walking into me every five seconds. It's a straight line, not rocket science."

He looks at me for a second, a confused expression spreading across his face. I roll my eyes.
"Listen, just stay out of my way, okay?"
He shrugs and I walk past him, trying not to get sucked into the abyss that is his mouth. The classroom door is open, and I walk in and take a seat in one of the middle rows. But then the professor walks in and motions for us all to stand again.

"Listen up people. You aren't here to have fun. So, to minimise any distractions, you will be seated in alphabetical order by letter of first name."

She reads off the list, speeding through everyone's names. "Santana Lopez, you will be seated next to Sam Evans."

I go sit down, and look to the side, only to be met with the same huge pair of lips. I roll my eyes and look back to the front of the room. The professor runs through her little pep talk, and starts up a PowerPoint. I take out my laptop and start typing, taking notes on everything. You never know what they might test us on. When the professor clicks onto the fourth slide, Sam raises his hand.
"Excuse me? Can you please slow down."

She rolls her eyes but nods. I like this girl. However, I don't like the guy sitting next to me. If he can't keep up, then he shouldn't be here. Judging by his state-of-the-art laptop and brand new bag, he comes from a lot of money. Which is great and all, but some people actually had to work to get into college.

The rest of the class flies away. I keep myself happy by giving Sam death stares, whenever he dares to look my way. When the bell rings, signalling the end of the period, I close my laptop and put it in my bag. Sam taps me on the arm.
"Can I help you?" I ask impatiently.
"Sorry, but have I done something wrong? You seem really angry for some reason."
"Sorry, I can't hear you from the air whistling through your Trouty mouth."

He looks as if he's going to say something, but decides against it and keeps walking. I add him to the never ending list in my head, of people I piss off. I mean, he was really annoying me anyways. What a great way to start college. Already one enemy. Or, at least, someone I really don't like.

I go to my next class. Thankfully Trouty mouth isn't in this one. But the girl from the coffee queue the other day, Mercedes, is here. She waves me over and I take a seat beside her. Hopefully this class is better than the last. At least I have Mercedes to talk to. She moves her stuff to the side and I sit my laptop in the cleared area.

"Hey, how are you?" she asks
"Good, you?" I reply, as we wait for the professor to arrive in class.
"I'm doing okay. I was hoping that I'd run into you again, I never got your number last week, and you're never around."
"Trust me, I'm around. You've just not been looking in the right places."
"Such as..?"
"My apartment block. The coffee shop."
"Right. You need to get out more. College is where you make friends that last a lifetime."
"God, why does everyone keep going on about that?"
"Because it's true. Even if you just join one group. That's what I've done."
"What group is it?"
"Glee club."
"What the hell is Glee Club."
"I don't have a fucking clue." She laughs.
"No, but seriously, what is it?"
"It's like show choir, but with a lot more divas, myself included."
"I think my roommate is in it, now I think about it."
"What's her name?"
"Brittany."
"Oh, god, I love her. She's the nicest human I've ever met. Plus she has these insane dance moves."
"She's really sweet."
"That's an understatement. Whenever it looks like someone's about to run out crying, or slap someone, she just makes everything better."
"I really need to get to know her better. What about your roommate?"
"I don't have one."
"What? How come?"
"She transferred at the last minute."
"You should come to ours one time, if you're ever lonely. Brittany will love the company."
"Really?"
"Of course. And you can join forces and force me into joining another club."
"Sounds perfect. I'll let you know when I'm free."