23

Santana's POV
And time just sort of passes by. We settle into a routine, of stolen kisses and hidden hand-holding. Mercedes knows, Tina knows, but Rachel doesn't. Britt told Sugar, and introduced her to me. There was a lot of squealing, and promises to meet up. And I go back to work.

We sat down and talked about it properly. I agreed that I couldn't go back to working crazy insane hours like before. Instead, I could choose one job. I thought about it for ages, and eventually decided to keep my job at the diner. So I've been doing that for the past few nights.

After her breakup with Finn, Rachel has been on a number of dates in the past two weeks. But none of them really worked out, so she's currently out pursuing a life as an 'independent single woman'. Her words. We haven't spoken about that drunken conversation on a bench since the party, and I don't intend to.

Mercedes' and Sam are dating. She sees something in him, and he adores her. They're cute together. Not as cute as me and B, but it's close enough. Tina and Mike are still in love. Like, really in love. Mike's kind of cool. Him and B are best friends. Apparently they're the best dancers at this dumb glee club.

So that's everything that's happened. And it has all led up to this moment. Me and Brittany sitting on the floor in our bedroom, trying to pack up all her bags, while Tina and Mercedes blast music from the kitchen and bake. Rachel is tidying up our kitchen area, because it's kind of gross.

Brittany is going home for Thanksgiving. Time has literally gone by so fast. We went on our first date last week. It was amazing. Just, amazing.

I zip up the last suitcase and push it across to Brittany, who checks all the zips are in place and her labels are attached. Rachel yells at Tina to turn down the music, and to stop sprinkling flour everywhere. Tina just responds with her middle finger, and keeps baking. Brittany giggles at the commotion, and I lean across to plant a kiss on her lips.

I'm so whipped.

And I'm actually so excited, because my main gal Quinn is coming to stay for a few days. She's lonely down at Yale, and I have a free bed. We're going to catch up on all the stuff we've missed with each other, eat junk food, and watch Netflix pretty much non stops. I can't wait.

"So, that's all my bags. My flight leaves in-"
"Two hours, and we're going to set off after you have lunch. I'm coming down with you to the airport, seeing you off, then there's half an hour before Quinn arrives on her train, so I'll meet her there."
I tick everything off on my fingers. Brittany nods, and stands up.

"Let's eat. Can you make pasta?"
"Of course love." She giggles at that, and we kiss again, after making sure that Rachel is looking the other way.

A while later, we're clearing up our lunch. Brittany suddenly turns to me and grabs my hands.
"I'm going to miss you a lot, Tana." She says, I smile and squeeze her hands.
"I'm going to miss you as well Britt. But you'll have fun. Getting to see your dad, and Sugar, and your mom, right?"
She grimaces at the mention of her mom. She doesn't talk about her much, and I get the impression that they maybe don't have the best relationship.
"And the best part is, I'll just be a phonecall away." I cup her cheeks and kiss her.
"I knew it!!" Rachel shrieks, jumping out from behind a door.

Brittany goes pale, and her eyes dart back to me. And I should feel worried, or angry, or scared. But I don't. Because I know that Rachel, however annoying she is, won't hate me or use this against me. We're sort of friends, and we don't hate each other. She just annoys me sometimes.

"You didn't figure it out? Seriously Berry, is your gaydar broken?" I say, giving Brittany's hand a reassuring squeeze. She relaxes, and Tina gives Mercedes a high five.
"We kept it a secret!"
"Suck that Berry."
"Cedes!"