24

Santana's POV
I feel like I'm in high school again.
I'm currently sitting outside, with a very drunk Quinn crying onto my shoulder, waiting for a cab. It's cold, colder than the winters in Lima. I've got our jackets wrapped around us, and Quinn's hands are wrapped in mine, but I can still hear her teeth chattering. We huddle closer.

"I'm sorry Tana" she whispers, her voice slurred. I shake my head "it's okay. I'm getting major déjà vu right now. Takes me back to senior year"
"Oh god" Quinn mumbles, her head resting on my shoulder. Her eyes flicker shut.
"Q, not yet. Don't fall asleep until we get back."
"But I'm so tired"
"Quinn? I'm serious, I'm not playing this game with you. Look, here's our cab."

We climb in, and the driver turns back to look at us. I give him a small smile, and Quinn is spaced out, staring out of the window.
"Neither of you are going to throw up, are you?" He asks, suspiciously. I shake my head.
"Nope."
"Good."

Then he turns on the radio, and starts to drive. I nudge Quinn again, her eyes are starting to drift shut again "Quinn, talk to me. Don't fall asleep."

She's quiet, then she starts to talk. I don't understand half of it, but some of it is audible
"-and all I wanted was to love some one who loved me back, but nobody does. Not even Judy or Frannie or you because you did love me but now you're in love with someone else and I'm alone forever. And I won't find anyone at college because they're all fucking homophobes and they don't like me-"

Her words start to blend into each other again, but I'm too busy thinking about what Quinn said. How can she feel unloved? Everyone and anyone who meets her, falls in love with her. I've witnessed it many times. She has this sparkle, and this smile, which just draws you to her. I would know, I'm starting to think I was slightly in love with her for a couple of years.

Best not to tell her that though.
Or Brittany.

We finally arrive at the college buildings, Quinn has quietened down but is still awake. I pay the driver, then get out the car, reaching back to help Quinn. She leans into me and we start to walk back. Though it's more of a wander, since Quinn keeps complaining about how tired she is.

Somehow, by the grace of god or whoever's up there, we manage to climb the stairs to our apartment and fall in the door. I take Quinn through to the bedroom, where she had thrown her cases a few hours earlier. She takes off her shoes, pulls off her dress, and slides between the sheets of Brittany's bed.

I take my time undressing, then I go for a shower. I can feel the smell of smoke and alcohol clinging to my skin, so I wash it off with Brittany's strawberry body wash. I pull on sweatpants and a tank top and go back through to the bedroom.

I didn't drink at all tonight. Something told me that Quinn would want to have fun, and I had to be the responsible one. Sure enough, she was the one crying while I called a cab.

I get into bed, clean and tired. As I'm about to close my eyes, the mattress tips to the side as someone else lies down.
"Santana? Can you hold me?" Quinn whispers. I nod  and shift around, so that I can wrap my arms around her waist.
"You're such a weirdo. How did you manage without me at Yale? Did you pay your roommate to do this?"
"I just didn't sleep"
"Idiot"

Quinn is weird about things like this. By that, I mean that she only likes being in contact with me. Nobody else. I think that there's some issues there, stemming back to her childhood, but I don't want to question her about it.

I fall asleep like that, Quinn's blonde hair tickling my nose. When I wake up, the bed is empty, and sunlight is streaming through the window. I walk through to the kitchen where Quinn is cooking pancakes. Or rather, attempting to. All the windows are open, and there's a concerning amount of smoke coming off the pan.