7

Brittany's POV
I walk along to Glee Club, practically skipping. This is one of my favourite things to do. In high school, we never really had anything like this. All the money went towards the cheerleading programme, which I was a part of, but it wasn't fun. The coach was mean, and she made me cry a few times. Then I got kicked off when I failed senior year, which made me cry even more. But now she's in the past, and I'm here, living my life.

I get into the auditorium, where the other members are sitting at the front talking. When they see me, Rachel waves to me.
"Britt? We thought we would have to start without you, and nobody can move like you."
"Calm down Rachel. I'm late because Santana made dinner. Anyway, you would have been fine, we all know that Mike is a pro."

Mike does his trademark twirl and bows low. He winks at Tina, who blushes and turns away. I make a note to tease her about that later.

"Okay, so can we get started? Britt, take centre stage. Mike, beside her. Give us a demo, then we'll copy your moves. Keep it simple, although I'm fairly advanced in dancing skills. Kurt, press play."

Kurt presses play on the speaker, and Valerie plays out. I close my eyes and let the beat imprint on my head, then wait for the singing to start. I open my eyes and keep going, keeping the moves simple. I'll choreograph my own solo later, but for now this is for the others. This is what I love. Even when the world was moving too fast, I could escape to a dance studio and keep in time. Here, I'm in control.

I turn around to check how everyone else is finding it. The club is really small. There's Rachel and Tina, who are in the same apartment block as us. Then there's Kurt and Blaine, and Mercedes. Mike came along a few days ago, and he's almost as good a dancer as me. That's it so far, but Rachel is sure that more people will join. I'm not so sure, but I'll try and drag Santana along. Even if she can't sing and dance, she can stand at the back and look hot.

Everyone is keeping up with the steps. When the song finishes, a few of them are out of breath, but they managed to get to the end of the song. While they high five each other, Mike walks up to me
"Want to show them how it's done?" He asks, taking my hand. I nod and wave for Kurt to press play again. The music plays through again, but this time I'm going for it.

At first me and Mike start on opposite ends of the stage, doing our individual dances. Then we move towards each other, and end up in centre stage. This is what I love about dance. It's like we have the same mind. Once the beat is in your head, it's like you're connected to your partner. Mike takes my hands and spins me around, then starts to do a quick waltz in time to the music.

The others clap and whistle, and it only makes me want to go faster. Mike smiles and twirls me, then we kick out in unison. As the song draws to a close, he dips me low and then pulls me back up. We bow, and the music cuts off. Mike drops my hand as Rachel hugs me tight.
"Brittany, you're amazing!! And Mike, wow, that was fabulous. Let's incorporate that into our routine!"

The doors at the end of the room slam open, and two guys walk in. As they get closer, I recognise one of them as Santana's dodgy boyfriend Puck, and the other is his roommate Finn. I look to Mercedes, and we exchange a confused look. Have they got the right room? Puck walks right up to Rachel.
"Is this the Glee Club?" He asks. Rachel is silent, then composed herself and nods.
"Yes..?" She replies uncertainly. Puck shoved his hands in his pockets and shuffles his feet.
"Can we join?" He eventually gets out.
"As in you and.."
"My homeboy, Finn."
"Why?"
"Extra credit. If we want to keep our scholarships, then we need to be involved in as many school activities as possible."
"Can you sing? Dance?" Rachel asks, sounding doubtful. Puck nods, and Finn even says "yeah."

Rachel looks to Tina, and they have a silent discussion, then she turns back to face him.
"You have until tomorrow to prepare an audition piece. Meet us here, same time, tomorrow. Don't be late."
He shrugs "sounds cool."