A Hollow Victory. Returning to life.

Several hours later, Chat Noir landed in his bedroom. Normally, this would be the moment he would transform back into Adrien, but Chat Noir just stood silently. Closing his eyes, Chat inhaled deeply, filling his lungs full of air. He held his breath for a moment, then he exhaled. Usually, this calmed him, but tonight it did nothing.

Chat knew he should detransform, for no other reason than to let Plagg rest. But once he did, his Kwami would surely try to talk to him –ask him how he was feeling. The last thing Chat wanted to do was talk about his emotions. How was he supposed to feel, anyway? Hawkmoth was a cruel, evil man who deserved whatever punishment the world demanded, and yet... Chat felt his throat begin to close as tears formed in his eyes. Yet, in the past six weeks, his father had been a completely different person.

And then... there was his mother.

Chat shook his head. He wouldn't think about her, not now. There was still so much Chat didn't know, and yet he wasn't sure he could bear to ask the questions.

His eyes fell to his bed. Chat was tired, exhausted even. But he knew sleep wouldn't come easy. It would be the first time he slept alone in weeks.

Chat closed his eyes and pictured Marinette. When he had left, she had been resting on the sofa, snuggled between her parents. The conversation had ceased a while ago, and they all sat in contented silence. Tom's and Sabine's red, blotchy faces looked peaceful at last. With their eyes softly closed, they rested with their arms securely around their daughter. Chat wasn't even sure if they were awake when he silently made his exit.

With dry, tired eyes, Chat glanced over to his sofa. Maybe he would sleep there tonight. That way, he wouldn't have to see the empty sheets where Marinette had slept. Dragging his feet, Chat made his way over to the sofa and flopped down. He leaned his head back and dropped his transformation.

"Are you alright, Adrien?" Plagg asked as soon as his suit disappeared.

Adrien scoffed but still managed to give his friend an apologetic smile. "I don't think so."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

Plagg looked up to him with sad eyes but didn't say anything. He then floated down to Adrien's leg and curled up into a ball. Adrien knew Plagg was probably hungry, but he was choosing to stay close out of worry. Adrien sighed and closed his eyes.

Minutes passed as Adrien sat in the darkness.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the window. Soon followed by a muffled female voice calling out. "Hey!"

Adrien opened his eyes to see Ladybug on the other side of the glass. He slowly stood up, then walked over and opened the window.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Why did you leave?" Ladybug demanded. Adrien could see her face was full of hurt.

Adrien quickly looked away; he didn't want her to see him. If she did, then she'd worry. And that's the last thing he wanted. "Go back home, Marinette. Go be with your family."

Ladybug dropped her transformation. "I stopped by several hospitals before I came here," Marinette told him softly. "Why are you not with your mother?"

Adrien was silent for a moment. "I don't know," he finally whispered. He then turned away from Marinette, and walked over to his bed, slumping down on the edge of his mattress.

"You shouldn't be alone right now," Marinette said as she followed him.

"I have Plagg," Adrien shrugged.