The Fire Within: Secrets- Chapter 13

Chapter 13

>Sierra's POV

Darkness was around me, but this time it wasn't the peaceful one. I could feel the searing pain of the flames that flickered around me, and the freezing pain of heart ache. I could hear the dull thud of my heart beat. I kept wishing that the awful sound would stop and my heart wouldn't beat anymore. It just keeps causing pain.

Ahead of me, I saw a door. White light flooded out of it. The darkness and light clashed together, and I was drawn to the light. I didn't know what it was, or where the door had led to, but I still walked towards it. 

Before I made it close enough, I felt someone shake me. I looked around but saw no one. In the distance, I could hear my name being called. Again, I looked around but there was no one there. I turned around in circle, in my confusion.

I was pulled out of the darkness in a start. I sat up quickly. I guess a little too quickly. Opening my eyes, I saw I was in a white room. Hospital. I could see my dad, Spencer and Cole. Spencer's eyes had widened and he started walking to me.

When my dad saw this, his head shot up and he had tears in his eyes. A smile came onto his face when he saw I was awake.He got out of his chair and came over to me bed. He gave me a sad smile then hugged me. Then Cole did the same. Spencer, though, looked a little scared.

"W-What happened?" I asked.

"Bree, um, beat you unconcious. Again," Spencer whispered.

I thought back to the fight, I didn't know how long ago it was, but I remembered the fury in her eyes and the anger that was painted on her face. She was mad. Why? Spencer. I thought about how the wannabes held me down, while Bree and the other kicked, punched and whatever else to me. I, also, remembered the sound of a loud crack when Bree kicked my ribs. Suddenly, a sharp pain went through my side. I looked down and saw the brace around my chest.

"Bree had broken two ribs and left you with a lot of bruises," Dad told me.

"How long was I out?" I asked, in a shakey voice.

"Two months."

"Two months!?!?" I said, surprised. Dad gave a small nod.

"W-What happened to Bree?" I asked, quietly.

"She didn't get injured in the fight, but she has been suspended from school until next year," Spencer replied.

"They just suspended her? Why don't they just expell her?!" I whispered.

Spencer walked over to Cole and Dad and they started whispering. I couldn't tell what they were saying, but after a few seconds, Cole and Dad nodded. Dad looked back at me, gave a small smile then walked out of the room with Cole following behind him.

I was confused. Spencer, then, walked up to me. He had a sad look in his eyes. I knew right from the look that he felt guilty. I looked up at him and gave a small, sad smile. He returned it. The room had grown pretty quiet and still.

"I... I... Thank you..." I whispered, to him.

"For what?" he asked, quietly.

"Helping me," I told him. I looked at him, and the guilt was still eating at him, then I said, "You know it's not your fault. Bree is an idiot. She did this. You didn't do anything."

"That's the point! Why didn't I? Why didn't I?" He whispered.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

It has been two weeks since I had gotten out of the hospital, and I still haven't gone to school. I had missed about three months.  Dad would always try to make me get up, but I didn't want to go back to that place. All it held was bad memories, but I knew I had to go back soon.

One day, dad knocked on my door and I told him my normal response. Go Away. He told me Cole was here. That surprises me, so I sighed and opened my door. Cole walked in and looked at me. I glared at him.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Do you know what today is?" he asked, with a grin.

"Um..." I started thinking.

"May Third."

My eyes widened. Was it really already May!? I looked at him, hoping he was joking. He smiled. It really was the third!

"You're kidding me!" I screamed before running into the bathroom to take a shower. I could hear Cole laughing, then exiting my room. I rolled my eyes.

I quickly striped then got into the shower. The jets of hot water felt nice on my back. When I had finished, I stepped out, wrapping my towel around me, and looked into my mirror. The bruises had faded most of the way, but my side still hurt like heck. I gave myself a small smile before heading back into my room, and started to finish getting ready. 

When I was finished, I grabbed my school bag and headed downstairs. In the kitchen sat my dad, Cole and Nikole. Dad and Cole were talking intently about something and Nikole was just sitting there, looking annoyed. When I entered, though, she gave me a look of disgust. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, daddy, Nikole," I said.

"Hey, sweetie," dad said stopping his and Cole's conversation. 

I went to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle, then walked back to the table. 

"Are you ready to go?" Cole asked.

I gave a slight nod, then I shook my head and ran back up stairs. I had forgotten to grab Spencer's present. After I had found it, I put it into my bag, then walked back downstairs and again nodded. Cole and Dad laughed. We said our goobyes then left.

"So what did you have to grab?" he asked.

I smiled. "His present."

Today was going to go either really fast, or really slow. I had hoped it would be fine, but I was so scared. What if he didn't like his present? I pushed the thought away and smiled at Cole, as we walked our way to the abyss of endless memories. 

I was glad that Sierra had gotten out of bed. I remember she always made a big deal out of today. Probably because she liked Spencer. So as she had gotten ready, I had a conversation with her dad. He wasn't such a bad guy like other fathers I've met. When she had finsihed, getting ready and getting what she needed, we headed out. I was so glad that Sierra was safe.