Vanitas & Dante

A teen with orange hair and eyes was walking home alone. He was covered in bruises "I don't want to go home." He mumbles to himself.

Yes this teen who was about fourteen was Dante. He was living a hard life, his parents were alcoholics and doing lots of drugs. They would beat him so badly and no one helped him.

So instead of going home he went to a park siting on a swing. Dante sighed pretty big "That's a big sighed."

Dante stood up fast and saw a boy with black hair like the night sky and light blue eyes like the blue moon. All Dante could do was admire this boy's looks especially his eyes.

The boy tilted his head with a smirk "Aw are you so focused on my beauty that you can't take your eyes off me." He teased him.

Dante flinched "Of course not! Why in the hell would I admire you! You Quack!" Dante shouted at the boy as the boy had a tick mark "What you say baldy! My name is Vanitas not Quack!"

"I'm not bald! I'm Dante!"

Vanitas blinked then laughed "Hahaha!" Dante looked at Vanitas like he was crazy, his laugh died down as Vanitas looked at Dante up and down.

"So what happened to you baldy? Why you so beat up like that?" Vanitas asked Dante with a frown. Dante looked down at the ground as he sat back down on the swing.

Dante sighed once again "It's not your business, you wouldn't even understand kid." Dante tells Vanitas.

Once again Vanitas laughed "Hahaha! It must be really bad! Hahaha! And stupid baldy I'm thirteen, I'm technically a teen not a kid." Vanitas tells Dante.

To Dante it looked like Vanitas was crazy like a maniac. "You can tell me. Trust me I'll understand you." Vanitas sounded serious now and for some reason Dante felt fear.

"D-D'accord..."

Vanitas looked at Dante so he could speak. Dante decided to speak "My parents are alcoholics and they do lots of drugs too. They beat me and call me their unwanted child...the teachers and neighbors know but they don't call the cops or do anything...they leave me to suffer."

Dante finished, he didn't know why he told Vanitas. It was like Dante mouth moved on its own.

When Dante looked up to see what look Vanitas had his eyes widen in fear right away. Vanitas eyes were glowing with rage in them and that made Dante fear him.

"I see." Vanitas voice had venom in it and it made Dante tremble. "Hey Dante why don't I come over to your house." That surprised Dante "Um that isn't a good idea..." Dante tells Vanitas.

Vanitas put on a smile "Fine then let's hang out again tomorrow!" Vanitas tells Dante as he nodded without realizing it. "Great! See you tomorrow Baldy!" Vanitas waved as he ran off.

Dante blinked "What a weird guy..." Dante mumbled as he sighed, he got up and decided to get home. "Why the hell do we have curfews..." Dante whispered.

Next Night

Dante was walking to school as he saw Vanitas swinging on the swing. But this time he was wearing a school uniform "Wait that school uniform..." Dante spoke up without realizing it.

Vanitas stopped as he looked at Dante "Hey baldy! Don't mind my uniform, I just go to some school." Vanitas says like it's normal.

"To just some school?! That uniform is that top elite school!!"

Dante wasn't expecting Vanitas to be some smart guy. He thought he was weird and maybe a psychopath but he was wrong. Probably.

Vanitas swung high then jumped landing on his feet. "So what shall we do tonight?" Vanitas asked Dante. Dante stared at Vanitas "Quoi?" Dante asked Vanitas now.

"Why else would you come. You don't want to go home and get beaten do you." Vanitas says to Dante. "Oui." That was the only answer Vanitas got. "Then let's head to the arcade and play games. My treat."

And so they did. Vanitas go lots of coins to play games with Dante. He wondered how Vanitas was able to get a bag of coins but didn't ask.

In the first time in ever Dante actually had fun. He was happy playing games with Vanitas, he didn't want the night to end.

Suddenly Dante's phone rang, at seeing the caller ID made his blood cold. He needed to answer the phone "I need to answer this...I'll be right back." Dante tells Vanitas.

"Okay. I'll be here." Vanitas says still playing a game. Once Dante went out to answer the phone Vanitas stopped playing and looked at Dante back from the doorway.

Not long did Dante come back inside "I need to go right now..." Dante tells his friend. Yes he honestly saw Vanitas as a friend.

Vanitas looked at him "D'accord. I'll see you again tomorrow." Vanitas smiled as Dante left right away to get home. He didn't want to go home but he had no choice.

Dante finally got home and he was immediately greeted with a slap. "Where the hell have you been?!" Dante's mother yelled at him. "I was just at the park..." Dante lied.

Dante's father then punched him "You piece of trash don't you lie to us! Tell us where you were!" Dante didn't say anything he didn't know what to say at all. He was frozen in place.

His mother grabbed a knife "Tch. We don't really need a trash like you. So it's time to get rid of you!" His mother tells him with a glare. "I'm going to enjoy watching this!" Dante's father says as he was drinking beer.

"Die."

"P-Please...d-don't..."

She was about to stab him but instead she was stabbed. "Q-Quoi..." his mother stuttered "Who the hell are you?!" His father shouted at the person who stepped in.

Dante's eyes widen as blood was on his face a little. Vanitas eyes widen in excitement "Hahaha! Who am I! You filthy creature doesn't deserve to know who I am! Hahaha!" It was Vanitas who stood in front of him.

Vanitas pulled his dagger from Dante's mother stomach "Ah!!!" She screamed in pain, Dante's father grabbed another knife. "You bastard! I'm going to kill you!" He yelled as he ran towards Vanitas.

"Quack!"

Vanitas eyes widen once more with a smirk "Oui! Come at me with that anger! I'll break you!" Vanitas laughs as he dodged Dante's father and sliced his side stomach making blood splatter.

Dante eyes widen at seeing this "I thought you were going to kill me?" Vanitas tilted his head as his eyes glowed "D-Don't...P-Please...!" Dante's father beg. "P-Please s-spare u-us..." Dante's mother also begs.

"Your begging. Hahaha! Sorry but you are just bugs! Time for you to both die."

With that Vanitas ended them as blood was everywhere in the entrance. Vanitas looked at Dante "Hey you okay?" He asked Dante.

Dante for some reason didn't fear Vanitas and he didn't feel sadness for his parents death. Honestly he felt relieved and happy. "Yeah...I am now."

Vanitas held his bloody hand out to Dante. "How about you come with me. I can use someone like you in the future." Vanitas tells him.

Dante reached for Vanitas hand without hesitation 'This guy...I owe him my life for saving me from death and those awful people...I'll do anything for him.'

"Yes I'll go with you." Vanitas smiled "Right choice."

To be continued