[THALIA GRACE]

She didn't listen much throughout the funeral. They all walked out to the graveyard for the burial- only Thalia, Beryl and Jason's friends were close. Everyone else kept their distance. Their father stayed out of Thalia's way, thankfully.

Her own brother was in that coffin. She didn't want to believe he was dead, but she couldn't deny it. She was standing alone, keeping her distance from both Beryl and Jason's friends.
Leo came over to her, however. "You don't have to stand alone," he whispered.
"I don't really have anywhere else to stand."
He took ahold of her hand. "Then I'll stand here."

At least Jason had someone like him, even if it was only for a short while.

[LEO VALDEZ]

Leaving the funeral was even harder than going to it- there were so many familiar faces.
Drew even approached him, giving him a hug. "I'm really sorry for you loss, Leo."
He wanted to say something, but he just stared at her for a moment, the words not working, before walking away. He saw Annabeth's cousin, Magnus, and all his friends. Blitz and Hearth had only got married- they deserved to be celebrating. Magnus tried talk go Annabeth, but she was inconsolable.

"Where are you going now?" Thalia asked them. All 13- all 12 of them turned.
"I don't think leaving each other is the best thing to do right now," Hazel muttered.
"Then come back to mine," Piper offered.
"No-" Percy shook his head. "Anywhere but there."
"You can come to mine, then," Frank said. "Thalia, do you want to join?"

"I-" she turned to Beryl. Leo understood instantly. Leaving Beryl alone was a danger. "I can't."
Reyna's older sister- Hylla, who Leo had only saw photos of, ran over. "Thalia, go with them. Me and the girls-" she pointed to the two girls behind her, who looked quite scary. "Will make sure your mother is okay."
"Are you sure?" Thalia asked.
"Certain."
"You're the best."

[FRANK ZHANG]

No one said much when they got to his house. Not for a while, anyway. Thankfully Thalia was there, because she was the first to talk. "Do you all know how Jason got that scar on his lip?"
"A stapler," Frank couldn't help but smile. What an idiot Jason Grace was.
"Yeah. He used to always staple things with that goddamn stapler," Thalia smiled, though her eyes were filled with tears. "Then after he decided to staple his lip he was terrified of it. Yes, terrified of a stapler. Honestly I don't know if he ever got over that fear."

Reyna suddenly laughed. "In middle school we were class helpers. Kinda like prefects. We were asked to hand out sheets to all the class all the time. In eighth grade we had to staple two sheets together for each student-" she smiled. "I didn't understand why he made me do all the stapling, but I don't think he ever got over that fear."
"Only you and Jason would be prefects in middle school," Percy teased. "Let me guess, the two of you were line leaders in kindergarten-"
"Actually, he was first, not me. Then he got into trouble once and I was promoted. He sat at the blue table that lunch time when we always sat at the yellow table. I was heartbroken."

All of them told more stories, even if everyone already knew them. In a way, it felt like he was with them.

———

Word Count:1270

———

A/N: guys I hate to break it to you but Jason is very much deceased. He's dead. Boom. A lot of people are asking me is it a joke (including someone asking if it would become a non-mortal au and Will would magically heal him,,, I love the suggestion, but unfortunately not LMFOAh)

However to make you all feel better Mosswtpd  (on wattpad, for you amazing ao3 readers) made a memorial for our favourite guy

If Jason were alive (which he isn't) he would go to a store specifically to get this printed and hang it on his wall (canon cause I said so)

I cannot stop laughing at the description. "He died in Found Family" (again, for amazing ao3 readers, that is the title of this fic on wattpad) even the cover photo is perfect. Unfortunately mortal au nico cannot and will not be raising Jason from the dead. Don't ask. (I miss Jason too yall)

Anyway fr go and give Mosswtpd  a vote for all their hard work

https://www.wattpad.com/user/Mosswtpd?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_profile&wp_page=user_details&wp_uname=Marauders-arise&wp_originator=d%2F6uUjLZQg8haWLVW0Qj%2FfN6RXXHbowrQ%2FZf%2BDgnXR3hfwrePA8jF9JC6qxlx%2FvQTMeMBGLErYZ0qL7pjykq%2BKWaWSpOQJpeOHGmsKHxw7jeVqjFqL3UukvG6JwIAfnR