WILL SOLACE

Will walked to his locker, knowing Annabeth would already be there. He was right, as usual.
"Annabethany!" He smiled, opening his locker.
Annabeth sighed. "Good morning, William. Will you put on a jacket? It's freezing. You'll get sick."
"I never get sick. And it's still September- practically summer!"
"You have went out in the snow in flip flops, to be fair." Annabeth held a few books in her hand, closing her locker.

Will laughed. "Okay, that was a little too cold. Oh! I finished Red White and Royal Blue last night!"
Annabeth gasped. "Finally! Who's your favourite? Mine is Nora. And June- and Bea. And Alex. And Henry. And Pez. And-"
"Definitely Alex," Will spoke before Annabeth named every single character. "Hot bisexual from Texas with a cool best friend. Yup. I kin."
"Aww, thanks."

Will checked his timetable. "History first."
"History, huh?" He said, at the same time as Annabeth.
"God we're such nerds." Annabeth sighed, walking to history.

History was, of course, boring. Learning about the founding fathers for what must've been the thousandth time. He was daydreaming when he heard Reyna Ramirez-Arellano whispering to him.

"Hey, Solace. Earth to Solace."
"Hm? Oh. Reyna. Is everything okay?" He didn't know why Reyna would be talking to him.
"Yeah. I'm having a party on Saturday night. Invite your friends. It's gonna be amazing." Reyna never seemed to be the party type, but Will wasn't going to complain.
"I'll be there."

———

He walked out of history. They had a free 'study' period, meaning they were going to walk around and do nothing. "We're going to a party on Saturday, Annabelle."
"Don't call me that. And where?"
"Reyna's place."
"Reyna's having a party?" Annabeth asked.
"Yup. She told me to invite my friends, so that's- you."
"Aww. I appreciate being your only friend." She joked.
"Hey! I'll invite my cousins."
"All the way from Texas? I doubt that."

Will sighed. "Yeahh, well, Lee is literally your neighbour. He's in apartment number seven, you're in number six. And Michael goes to college here in New York. Uh. Austin's learning to drive, surely he can bring Kayla. Gracie, Yan and Jerry, they're a little young."
As a kid, Will's best friends had been his cousins. They all lived beside each other in Austin, Texas. Lee moved to New York after he finished college. After Will's father died, Naomi, Will's mom, moved to New York, too, to be closer to her parents.

He still stayed in contact with his cousins. Especially Kayla and Austin. He'd visit them any time he could, especially since he got his driver's license. Obviously he couldn't make the drive in one day, but between staying in hotels, and using a lot of gas, he spent a lot of the holidays with them.
"Austin's learning to drive, Will. He can't drive from Texas to New York. Besides, it'd be quicker to get a flight. For one party."
"Ughhh. You have a point."
"I always do."
"Well I'm your only friend."
"Never denied that. However." Annabeth walked over to Piper McLean and Leo Valdez, who were sitting together and throwing tinfoil at each other.

"Hey! Wanna come to a party on Saturday?" She said to them.
"Yeah!" Leo grinned. His grin looked familiar, but he just couldn't tell where from.
"Uhm- sure?" Piper smiled at Annabeth.
"It's at Reyna's house. Invite whoever you want, I guess."
Poor Reyna. Will thought.

Just then, Nico DiAngelo walked past with another girl, obviously on the way to their next class. Will had heard rumours they were siblings, though they didn't look alike.
"Hey!" Piper yelled at them. They stopped. "Wanna come to a party?"
"Pipes, they're juniors." Leo whispered.
"So what?"
"Uhm- we'd love to- if that's okay?" The girl said. Di Angelo didn't speak.
"Great! It's at Reyna's house!"
Nico walked off without answering. The girl just smiled. "Sorry. We'll be there!" She ran off after her brother.