Safe Place

"THANK YOU EVERYBODY. THE WINNERS OF THE CONTEST SHALL BE ANNOUNCED ONLINE AFTER THE ONLINE VOTES ARE CONDUCTED. UNTIL THEN, CHECK OUT OUR STALLS AND DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUN."

The voices outside echoed and the people eventually dispersed from the stadium and went to check out the other stalls.

Han and Lee Know were still embraced in their hug when Han heard someone walking towards their greenroom so he pushed Lee Know aside as the person walked in.

"You okay now?" Lee Know asked not noticing that someone else was there.

"Yeah I am fine." Han said looking up and seeing the ever so familiar figure of Scarlet.

"Wait. Whats wrong? Did something happen?" Scarlet asked with a worried look.

"Its fine now." Lee Know said so as to respect Han's privacy.

"Anyways I just want to comment on how amazing your performance was. I was honestly starstruck by your voices and stage presence."

"Thanks Scarlet." Lee Know said.

"Anyway's, we have to go now. Chan is calling us since the stalls are getting more people now. Let's go and do what we have been preparing a month for." Scarlet said signalling them to come along with her.

Han packed up his guitar and then he and Lee Know made their way to the stall.

The stall, as predicted , was overcrowded with people both from school and from outside. The people came for the campus kings and stayed for the food. At one point there was a huge line waiting to get in. There were tons of posts online tagging their stall and tagging the beautiful location.  Towards the end of the night they had made so much money they couldn't believe their eyes. 

As they were packing up Bang Chan's phone pinged. He took it out and then a huge smile crept on his face as he looked up and said. "OUR STALL WON THE BEST STALL. WE BEAT THE HAUNTED HOUSE!!" 
People started crowding around Chan to celebrate this victory. 

Then Hyunjin also got a notification on his phone. He then announced. " IT HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY BUT THE WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION ARE HAN AND LEE KNOW. THEY HAVE WON!!"

Everybody then pulled Han and Lee Know into the celebration as they rejoiced in their success. 

"THIS CALLS FOR A CLOSING DRINKING PARTY." Changbin shouted as he pulled out some wine reserves from the back of the bar.
"Woah, were those behind the counter this entire time. Damn you are sneaky." Felix said grabbing one of the bottles of wine and placing a few of the wine glasses on the counter to pour the wine into.

Lee Know was about to go grab a glass of wine himself when he noticed that Han was nowhere to be found. He must have slipped out of the crowd while they were celebrating. 
Lee Know couldn't figure out why he had slipped away since the people around were people he knew but he didn't want to leave Han alone. 
He knew that there was only one place that he could have gone to hide which wouldn't have any crowds.

He made his way to the back of the business faculty and moved the creepers. He saw that some of the leaves were dishevelled so he knew that Han must have come here. Once he got closer to the exhibition room he heard the faint sounds of a radio playing inside. 

Once he made his way inside he saw that the room was a lot cleaner than before. There weren't any glass pieces on the ground anymore. There were a few books lying on the ground and a bunch of snacks right next to them. A certain part of the ceiling which once had a broken tree branch overlooking it now had tarp covering it. 

He looked outside the broken glass windows and saw Han sitting outside with a drink in his hand and a few more on the ground beside the radio. Han was looking towards the sky in a daze as he drank.

"Would you like some company?" Lee Know said walking towards Han which made him startle.
"Oh, its just you." Han said calming down and gesturing for Lee Know to sit beside him. He took out one of the drinks beside him and offered it to Lee Know.
"You want one?" He asked
"Don't mind if I do." He said accepting the drink.
They both sat and drank in silence for a few minutes as Lee Know scanned the area.

"You really brightened this place up. Now it looks like a proper hangout spot and not just some abandoned ruin." Lee Know commented.
"I ain't sacrificing this spot too so don't even think of bringing people here or telling them about it."Han said threateningly.
"Don't worry. I promised to find this spot for you. I would never think of telling someone else about it. It might be a good place for me to relax too." 
"I'm pretty sure that you would tell Scarlett in a second." Han said in a grumpy tone while sipping his drink.
"What do you mean?" Lee Know asked looking confused.
"You both are always together like you are attached by the hip or something. Might as well just get together don't you think." Han said continuing to down the drink as if there was no tomorrow.
"Han what do you mean? Me and Scarlett are only friends. We have a lot of common interests so I end up hanging out with her a lot. Not because I like her."
" Wow you have so much in common. Even more reason to date her. Forget about what happened back then and not care about it because of your new crush."
"Han why are you assuming that me and Scarlett like each other? I clearly just said that I don't see her that way." Lee Know said, grabbing the bottle out of Han's hand with a clear agitated look on his face.
"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU OKAY." Han screamed out. Lee Knows face changed from agitated to surprised. Han immediately realised what he had said and looked in the other direction while Lee Know was still trying to comprehend what just happened.
"I know that you might not remember or not care about what happened when we were younger but I do. I meant that kiss and it wasn't just a drunken mistake. I genuinely liked you back then and I do even now. I was heartbroken when you left a few days later without a word and I decided to hide the memory. But when I met you again I always felt a sense of familiarity and didn't know what it was until the day of the king's game when we kissed. All the feelings and memories came back and with them so did my feelings for you. But now you like someone else so I guess I better get over you." Han ranted.

"Han...." Lee Know said in a small tone.
"You don't need to reject me I already know that-" 
"HAN LOOK AT ME." Lee Know said pulling Han's face to look at him. Lee Know's face was fully serious but his eyes showed a glint of happiness.
"Look at me and believe what I am about to say. I do not like Scarlett. She doesn't like me either since she already has someone she is pursuing.  Second, I clearly remember what happened that night and I got to remember it through that kiss too. I always felt that we had some sort of connection and kept trying to find it. I kept wondering why I liked to see you happy, why I so desperately searched for this place to give you, why I cared about you so much, it all became clear on that night. The reason I was hanging out with Scarlett so much was because I kept on getting drawn to you and wanted to see whether my feelings were genuine. And today while we sang together I confirmed that what I felt for you was real, my care for you was because I like you."
"You........ what?" Han said looking at Lee Know in disbelief.
" I like you Han. I have liked you since we were young. That night after you passed out I helped you to the couch and was thinking of staying when my parents called me back home, they scolded me for getting drunk and took away my phone and they were planning on shifting anyways, so I couldn't tell you. But believe it now that I love you and always have ." Lee Know said caressing Han's cheek as Han slowly had tears dripping down his face.

"Don't cry Han." Lee Know said kissing Han's forehead as Han slowly moved to Lee Know's chest and hugged him. Lee Know wrapped his arms around him.

"We've met again, my forgotten kiss."