Working Together

Lee Know's life after he accepted the offer was mainly chaotic. Since he became the social king there were many fangirls squealing whenever they were near him and he was always the centre of attention in any crowd. Everyday he regretted accepting the offer. But he didn't want to back down from it. Han was really instigating to Lee Know with his slightly devious smirk which was the only reason he kept his part of the deal because it just made this sort of fire of competition light up in him. And there was the other feeling which lingered in the back of his head, the feeling of knowing him before.It was like a missing pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, you know that it is missing but you don't know what exact pieces are gone.

Other than the massive fan following he gained his college life was pretty normal. He went to his classes and made a few friends here and there. He didn't like huge groups so he felt 3-4 friends were fine. He was mostly focused on his classes and really paid attention. 

Lee Know's family worked in the agriculture business and owned multiple fields all over the country. The business was very successful but the downside was that his parents never got to meet much as they had to divide the field work among themselves to run the business. That is why Lee Know wanted to finish his degree as soon as possible so that he could ease the workload for his parents.

He wasn't approached by many people either although he was the centre of attention. He was mostly left alone with fangirls occasionally taking pictures or just squealing in silence. 

It had been 2 weeks since the basketball match and Han and Lee Know never met during those two weeks. Both were busy with their respective work and project loads given by the heartless college professors. But on top of that they had other things too to worry about. The open day for the college was coming soon.

The open day was this one day where high school students and parents could come to the college to check it out and could apply. The students were asked to all contribute for the open day by either making stalls for the fundraiser, working along with and helping clubs or participating in the music competition. For the music competition people could enter either as a solo, duet or group act.

A few students were gather in front of the music building to sign up for the music contest. In front of the building we could see the familiar figures of Han, Hyunjin and Felix. They were all standing in line to get the registration form. 

"So.. What are you guys doing for the contest?" Han asked.

"Well we decided to do a duet act since we have tons of work to do and we hang out most of the time anyways so it would be easier to practice." Felix said.

"Remember we also need to brainstorm for the stalls too. This time it is not divided by faculty. You just make the group and do a stall. There isn't any set size for the group though." Hyunjin said looking at the open day info on his phone.

"We have to do both the contest and the stall?" Han asked in disbelief. They already had a huge workload due the week before the open day and on top of that they had more work to do afterwards. Han was certain that he would just be a corpse at the end of all of this.

"By the way, what act are you doing Han?" Felix asked. "Don't tell me you are going solo."

"I am also planning on a duo act but I still need to find someone to do it with." Han said looking around. Then from the corner of his eye he saw someone and his face lit up. "Hey, come here."

The person ran towards them so fast that he ended up bumping into Han. His bright bubbly face not showing one sign of exhaustion .

"Whats up bro?" Jeongin asked.

"You play the keyboard. Duet with me, your big bro." Han said putting his arm around Jeongin.

"I can practice with you for the competition but I am not a 100% sure I will be able to make it to the contest since there may be field work for the 2nd year medicine students so be sure to keep a backup. I will definitely be there for the stalls with you guys though.

"I have faith that you will be there for the duet because people always call me lucky boy." Han said brushing his hair back while trying to act cool.

"Also how come you are doing the stalls with us?" Hyunjin asked. "You said you would be there for the stalls with us."

"Oh didn't Bang Chan tell you? We are planning to do a stall with the campus kings. This way we can also snag the best stall award. All my friends are jealous that I get to work with you guys and everyone who knows already thinks it will be a success." Jeongin said.

"Wait, when you say campus kings do you mean everybody?" Han asked suddenly interested in the conversation.

" Yeah, all 8." Jeongin replied.

"Hmm. This will be interesting." Han said slightly smirking. He hadn't seen Lee Know in some time and it would be nice to see him and work on the stall with him. Han was normally a quiet and funny person who wasn't the type to provoke or tease anybody but he didn't know why he constantly teased Lee Know.

"Why do you look like you are plotting an evil plan?" Jeongin said exaggerating the face I was making to make it look like an actual villain's.

"I am not planning an evil plan okay. Just thinking of ways to make Lee Know get closer to us since it would help in umm........ coordination while serving in the stalls. Han said.

"If that is so then you can go see him after we finish registering.We can accompany you to the building" Felix said.By the time Felix finished saying that it was their turn to take the registration forms."Here you go Han." He said while handing a form to Han.

Once they finished registering the group walked towards the business building's lobby.

"How do you know that he is a business major?" Han asked Hyunjin who seemed to know anyone and anything on campus.

"Easy dummie. I just asked Chan and he told me.He was assigned as his buddy remember? And when I asked in the group chat if they knew where he was Changbin replied that he was about to meet him to recruit him for a basketball match and the meeting point was the lobby." Hyunjin said with a slight smug face.

"The know it all Hyunjin strikes again." Han said putting his palms together and bowing.

"Thank you, Thank you." Hyunjin said while blessing him.

Han then saw Lee Know walking towards the entrance of the lobby while reading a book. He ran up to him and surprised him from the back.

"Happy to see me?" Han said jumping while holding Lee Know's shoulders. Lee Know barely had any reaction, just a slight flinch.

"I don't remember ordering a nuisance today." Lee Know going back to reading a book.

"You should be happy to see me. Most people are." Han said.

"I know that we have to work together and as annoyed as I am by that fact i'm still gonna do it because I am friends with Chan and Changbin." Lee Know said closing the book and looking at Han. He then got startled since he didn't know exactly how close Han was.

"Be sure to come and see me sing at the contest too. I guarantee that you will swoon." 

"Oh really. Gonna transform into the local heartthrob in the concert?"

" Many people have been epically moved by my singing before." Han said while making a solemn face looking onto the horizon.

Lee Know pulled Han's face to face him and said " Many might have swooned before but I never shall." Then he let go of his face.
"And if you only came to inform me about the stalls then I already know everything so you can go."

"Glad that you know Lee Know." Han said and patted his back. "Hope to see you soon. I will make sure to make you swoon."

"And I would love to see you try." Lee Know replied, smiling. He couldn't stop himself from letting the smile out. It was like the first flower after winter.