Inciting Rivalry

It was the weekend and the heat had finally calmed down. It was a sunny day and the breeze was just right. There were no classes for the university students that day but still there were student there either researching for project work or to use the college facilities. Many students were in the library or in the classes for group study. But most of them were in the central ground which was the one thing that connected all the campuses. It also had multiple stone benches in a circular formation which kind of looked like the stone hedge which was a spot where the students often hung out. It was like a miniature version of the stone hedge just with lower stones.

Han, Hyunjin, Seungmin and Felix were sitting in the central ground in the stone circle under the mildly hot afternoon sun waiting for someone. Soon they saw Bang Chan walking towards them.

"Sorry guys" Bang Chan said walking towards them." Got a little late but we can get going now.They are already at the court." 
"Finally. The reason I finished my essay early has finally come." Seungmin said walking alongside Bang Chan. He was just bursting with excitement and energy. The others wondered where the stressed out Seungmin went
"He pulled a final all nighter just so that he could come today." Felix said while smiling.
"Seungmin's will for basketball should be worshipped." Han said bowing sarcastically. Even Felix and Hyunjin joined in and it looked like Seungmin was the deity and Han, Felix and Hyunjin were the worshippers.
"Guys quit it. We are getting weird stares." Bang Chan said trying to hold back his laughter.

"So, who did you gather for today's match?" Hyunjin asked.
"Well I got Jeongin to join us. Changbin decided to join his friend's team since they are down on members. So yeah it would be 5 v 5 with an extra sub player in case. Jeongin wants to be a player so can one of you guys be the referee?" Bang Chan asked
"I can be the referee. I don't really mind." Felix said raising his hand and smiling. His smile was very contagious and was known to always put people in a good mood.

After a while they finally reached the basketball court. The college had the options to minor in a few sports so they had a basketball court in pretty good condition. It was an outdoor court which was connected to the dark blue bleachers. There was a rack at one corner of the court with a couple of basketball's stacked. It was near one of the artificial ponds of the campus so it was very breezy too. Perfect weather for a match. 

Jeongin was already there at the court doing rounds.Jeongin was a 2nd year student majoring in medicine and was training to be a pediatrician. He was also one of the campus kings and was close to the rest because of that. He had this very cute childlike charm but also could be serious when he wanted to. He was also very energetic and often subbed for matches in the college since he had good stamina and could play well.

They said their greetings and small talk and then started warming up, waiting for the other team to come in. A few girls sitting near the pond were happily giggling watching them stretch but they were used to it since they got a lot of attention from people since they were the campus kings.

Soon the other team led by Changbin came in. There were 5 people on that team but one person caught Han's eye. The familiar brown hair and the serious look on his face. It was Lee Know.

Han ran up to the other team the moment he recognised Lee Know but was interrupted by Changbin."Get ready to lose to us Hannie." Changbin said giving a light punch to Han's arm.
"I can't see who is talking to me. Have I finally met a ghost?" Han said jokingly to tease Changbin who was the shortest of the campus kings.
"YAA, do you want to die?" Changbin said annoyed giving a little harder punch to Han's stomach.
"Sorry Changbin." Han said bending down little bit because of the pain from the punch.

Changbin was a 4th year in Architecture. He was very feisty to make up for his short demeanour. He is also pretty bulked up and often works out and does boxing. He and Chan were on the same level. 

"And how come you are here?" Han said diverting his attention to Lee Know. Han still couldn't remember why he felt that Lee Know felt so familiar. For the past few days he kept questioning as to why he felt this sort of like lingering memory when he saw Lee Know. Like there was something that connected them but none of the knew what it was.
"A favor to a friend." Lee Know said putting his hand over the shoulder over the guy next to him."He asked me to help him and his friends with a basket ball match so I decided to join. Didn't expect the other team to be you guys though." 
"Why? Don't we look like people who would love a good game once in a while?Or you just thought it was going to be another easy game to win?" Han said leaning forward a little while smiling on a sort of mocking to incite Lee Know . He was never the type to try and incite another person but he couldn't stop trying to incite Lee Know.
"Oh, I just thought so since I didn't think you would be up for a fight. I will gladly accept the match and I shall win too." Lee Know said also leaning in smirking lightly. 
When Lee Know started closing in Han suddenly started feeling hot. Lee Know eventually stopped leaning in also feeling a little red come to his cheeks. They met each others gaze and both of them were at a loss for words just looking at each other. Their gaze was magnetic and neither could pull out. They looked at each others eyes wanting to say something but scared to do so.Then Han snapped back into reality because someone was calling his name back into reality and pulled back. 

"HAN, catch the ball." Hyunjin said throwing the basketball to Han. Han caught the ball and turned back to Lee Know looking at him. Feeling some sort of magnetic feeling.

"Let the match begin!" Changbin said shouting and pulling Han to the center of the court.

All of them gathered, both teams standing opposite to each other. Han passed the ball to Felix who then stood in the center of the court. Then Felix threw the ball in the air signalling the start of the match.