Time Spent Without

There were 3 days left until the open day when the stalls would be exhibited. The music contest was gonna be held in the morning and was open for anybody to come and see. The ground surrounding the campus was now filled with various stalls and game areas and was bustling with noise. Most of the faculty building were empty with not a soul in sight. Only the art and music faculty buildings were buzzing with students walking in and out with instruments, gas torches, paints and whatnot. Rumours were spreading around campus as to who would win the best stall and who would win the music competition. The top two contestants for the best stall was the stall built by the campus kings and the stall built by psychology students. They had finished constructing the structure for their haunted house and people were very excited to see it on the open day.

In the top floor of the bioengineering building in an empty room sat a boy with a guitar. He kept glancing at his phone anticipating something.

"Ughh when is he gonna come, I told him to come here at 12 so that we could finish practice and then eat at the stall." Han said looking at the chats on his phone. He kept strumming random chords on his guitar waiting for Lee Know to come. The noise kept echoing throughout the room. Then he heard footsteps coming from outside. He perked up hoping that the person he was waiting for had come.

"Hey Han" Hyunjin said while coming in. Han's eager look wiped off his face and he looked back at his guitar. 
"Hey Hyunjin. Do you know where Lee Know is? He was supposed to meet me 15 minutes ago. Considering the fact that he is always on time this is weird." Han asked.
"Oh, he is at the stall right now. He asked Scarlet whether they could brainstorm a better recipe for the steak and they have been experimenting for the past hour. I saw them when I went to check on Felix." Hyunjin replied
"Oh" Han said with a hurt look on his face. He and Lee Know had planned to put aside more time to practice this week and make sure that their duet sounded good but Lee Know kept on working with Scarlet on the food for the stall. Han had not even seen Lee Know for the past few days.
"If you want you can come with me to check out the other stalls. Then at 1 we can go to our stall and taste test the scrumptious food they make." Hyunjin said in an attempt to cheer Han.
"Sure I'll come in some time and find you. I'll just practice for sometimes and then come down.Also how did you know I was here?" Han asked.
"Someone told me to come here and check on you. I don't remember who though since I was really busy on the way here. Lots of people kept asking me things." Hyunjin said trying to remember who exactly said it."Anyways I'm gonna go now. Text me once you come down."
"Okay."

Han sat in the empty classroom and continued to practice the chords to the song they were gonna sing. The rang throughout the classroom in a sad tone. After some time Han got up, packed his things and went down to catch up with Hyunjin. It was very crowded downstairs because everyone was either working on stalls or checking out the others that had been completed. Han wondered what would it be like on the actual day if it was already this crowded just for preparations. He saw Hyunjin near one of the stalls talking to a group of people and went up to him.

"Hey can we go directly to our stall itself. I'm kinda hungry and the crowd is making me anxious." Han whispered to Hyunjin.
"Oh really? Okay we can go now itself. They ought to be done with whatever they are making by now. We can have lunch there." Hyunjin said walking along with Han away from the crowd.

They started walking towards their stall. Since the stall wasn't in a very known area not many people were nearby. It was perfectly secluded. When they walked through the hedge they could smell the scent of steak in the air. When they reached the stall they saw that Lee Know, Scarlet,Felix and Bang Chan were the only ones there.

"Ah finally out first taste testers have come. Did you see the rest?" Bang Chan asked.
"Its already very crowded out there that you can't ever see stalls that are right in front of you. I'm sure that they are there somewhere in the crowd." Hyunjin said walking up to Felix to taste what he had made.
"We need to make one or two people stand out in the main area to attract customers here since this is a not very known area." Bang Chan said.
"Yeah the ones who are serving like me and Hyunjin can take turns to go and hold signs inviting people here." Han suggested as he went up to Lee Know and Scarlet. Both of them were hunched over the steak. They were cutting it into pieces and tasting it.
"Can I try? I often have steak a lot so you can get a good opinion." Han asked. 
"Oh I didn't notice that you had come." Lee Know said as he turned back surprised.
"Oh" Han said feeling hurt. Lee Know and Scarlet sure were getting closer by the day while he barely saw Lee Know. He didn't know why he was feeling this sort of jealousy." It's okay. You guys are pretty busy so you probably didn't notice." He said plastering on a smile.
"We would love for your opinion. We have been working on this recipe since yesterday. We were brainstorming till around midnight for the perfect recipe."Scarlet said."He almost didn't make it back to his dorm before curfew."
"Ah. You guys sure have been working hard. Let's see what had come of the brainstorming session." Han said while taking a piece of the steak. He tasted it and it was like no other steak he had tasted. It had the perfect blend of flavours and wasn't very extreme either.
"Its really good. Its better than most steaks that I have had. Bang Chan, Hyunjin, you guys should try this too."Han exclaimed.
"Oh thank god.We finally did it." Scarlet said high fiveing Lee Know.

Han felt the familiar pang of jealousy again.He wanted to remember why he felt this way but his memory was too hazy.

"Hey what about we celebrate our successful menu tonight? Drinks and the menu. We prepared trials today so we need to finish it anyways." Bang Chan said.
"Yeah sure. I'll text everyone working with us." Hyunjin said.
"LETS GET DRUNK" Felix shouted excitedly.