Music Talks

Everybody slowly started coming to check out the college open day. Soon the ground was bustling with people of all ages and sizes checking out the stalls and making a ruckus. More people would come later on once more of the stalls opened. For now most of the people who came had come for the music competition. They either came to support someone they knew or they came to check out the new talent in the college.

The campus kings finished the final touches to their stall and went to see the competition and support Han, Lee Know,Hyunjin and Felix. The two pairs of duets were highly anticipated by the entire faculty since both consisted of the faculty kings. 
After the competition started the polls were gonna open once each act finished their respective performance and the online polls would be open for an hour. And the winner shall be decided based  on the online polls.

All the singers were waiting backstage ,warming up and tuning their instruments.
Hyunjin and Felix were one of the first few acts while Han and Lee Know were one of the last.

Han was sitting in the backstage green room tuning his guitar when Lee Know walked in followed by Hyunjin and Felix.
"You guys prepared to lose to us?" Hyunjin asked with a smug look.
"You're going down pretty boy." Lee Know said.
"Anyways, WE are gonna get going since we need to be on call in case our number gets called early." Felix said pulling Hyunjin along with him out of the room. "Bye Guys."
"BYE"

Han went back to tuning his guitar while Lee Know pulled up a seat to sit beside him and started watching him.
After some time of watching him tune the guitar he finally spoke. "What happened this morning? You were in such a daze. Are you okay?"
"It's nothing. I was just stressed about the competition so I was not in my right mind. I'm fine now." Han said brushing it off and avoiding eye contact with Lee Know.
Han knew he was jealous and didn't want to act this way but he couldn't help it. After all these years they met and nothing happened. He knew that Lee Know also remembered what happened that night but he didn't seem to have thought much of it, to him it seemed like just a pleasant surprise. Hey I met an old friend from school who I once kissed while drunk. Anyways moving on. The kiss had meant something to Han back then. Even if they were very drunk what he did was no mistake so to have it disregarded and to see Lee Know so amicable with Scarlet really made his blood boil.

"Hey Han look at me."
"What? Just say it." Han said still trying not to look at Lee Know.
"LOOK AT ME." Lee Know said holding Han's face in his hands to make him look at Lee Know. Han was slightly surprised at the sudden movement but he didn't try to get out of Lee Know's grip.
"We are gonna ace this competition. With our talents and your awesome guitar playing how could we not? So don't be stressed about all of this. This is the 3rd time you are re tuning your guitar. " Lee Know said slightly smiling and the patting Han's head and then leaving to get their contestant id's

Han's heart started to beat a mile a minute. Every time Lee Know smiled at him, when Lee Know held his face in his hands he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with his love for Lee Know. Then the memory of Lee Know and Scarlet came back to mind. He assumed that Lee Know liked Scarlet since he always spent time with her and was always around her. Who knows, he might ask her out pretty soon if they win the music contest, so ideal isn't it?

After some time Lee Know came back and told that they were next to perform after the current act. Lee Know grabbed Han's hand and picked up his guitar and guided him towards the entrance to the stage. He then handed him his guitar and told him that he would be entering from the other side and left.

Han was getting anxious about performing. His mind was too stressed out about Lee Know and now he had to perform in front of about a thousand people.He didn't know how he was going to do this. 

The announcer on the stage called the number for their act and Han slowly walked up the stage. Once he got on the stage the lights were blinding, there were tons of screams from a few people in the front rows. He started getting anxious with the amount of spotlight. Once he got to the centre of the stage he slightly bumped into Lee Know. Lee Know caught him and helped guide him to the mic.
Once they reached the mic Lee Know whispered." If you are feeling anxious you can just look at me, imagine that you are just singing with me in the practice room like before. It'll help with your nerves." with a reassuring look. Han nodded to signal that he understood. 
He looked at the crowd which was now silent, waiting for them to sing and then looked at Lee Know. Lee Know still had that reassuring look on his face that made him feel okay. He took a deep breath and started the song. Throughout the whole song he fixed his gaze only on Lee Know. He made him feel comfortable, at peace and not afraid of the looming crowd and the spotlight. He knew that it was because of this that he approached Lee Know back in high school,  the reason that he always felt close to Lee Know, the reason he kissed Lee Know on that night. He loved him, but didn't know whether he loved him back. 
But at that moment it was just the two of them in the stage with no interruptions. Just them and their voices echoing, the slight hum and vibrations of the guitar and their consistent stares at each other. Han wanted to stop this moment in time so that he wouldn't have to return back to reality. 

Once the song finished and they snapped into reality Han said a quick thank you and left the stage. Lee Know concluded the thanks and went after Han. While Lee Know was following Han he came across Hyunjin and Felix.
"Hey , your performance was so good. The gazes you gave each other and the compatibility of your voices just suited to song so much. You might actually beat us and win this thing." Felix said.
"You guys did amazing too so don't dismiss your chances of winning. Anyways, I'm sorry but I have to go. Han ran off in a hurry and I wanna check on him." Lee Know said.
"Yeah no problem. I saw him go that way." Hyunjin said pointing towards the private green rooms.
"Thanks." Lee Know said while hurrying to find Han.

He found Han on the floor on one of the green rooms with his face in his hands trying to calm down.
"Hey, everything is over now. Nothing to worry. It's all finished." Lee Know said patting Han's back.
Han looked slightly to see Lee Know's concerned face. He knew that the reason that he was so anxious was not because he had to perform. He knew it was because of his feelings for Lee Know. Seeing Lee Know so concerned for him made him want to tell him everything. He wanted to scream out that he loved Lee Know. But when he tried to get the words to come out he got a lump in his throat. So instead he just leaned into Lee Know's chest and let Lee Know pull him into a hug. He just wanted to be beside him for however much time as possible. Just them.