A Favour

The match was pretty serious since both teams were good. All of them were taking it seriously and the match even got a few people interested. 15 minutes in there was even a crowd of people on the bleachers cheering and watching the game. The two people who were most serious were Lee Know and Han. Finally they were at a tie with about 2 minutes remaining. 

Jeongin was holding that ball wondering who to pass it to since he was cornered. He saw that Han was free so he passed it to him. He caught the ball and was starting to make his way across the court when Lee Know stepped in front of him. 

"You aren't winning that easy." Lee Know said smirking while blocking him from moving.

"Oh is the kitten afraid of losing?" Han said still dribbling the ball and leaning closer to Lee Know till their foreheads touched. 

Both of the smirking and both of the focused on the ball but both subconsciously focused on the others gaze. Han then faked left and went right and then attempted a 3 pointer. Lee Know, still lost, turned behind. Everything felt like slow motion. The crowd waiting in anticipation as to whether the ball went inside or not. All the players with their eyes on the ball. The ball hit the board and went inside to hoop. It was silent. Then suddenly all the people in the bleachers started cheering. 

"Bang Chan's team wins.!" Felix announced. 

Hyunjin, Bang Chan, Jeongin and Seungmin all went up and gathered around Han, all jumping in celebration. Han was still dazed and confused as to what happened. He looked over at Lee Know and saw that he wasn't celebrating. That is when it hit him that he won.  Even though he felt a sense of happiness since he won he still felt a pang of guilt seeing Lee Know's face.

Changbin walked over to Bang Chan and said. "You may have won this time but next time my team shall win. WE SHALL PERSEVERE AND TRAIN TILL WE BEAT YOU."

"Changbin we don't even have time to finish all our homework so we won't be able to train so much anyways." one of his team members said putting his arm around Changbin."Ands don't talk as if the exams aren't coming in 2 weeks.

"I will still beat you though." Changbin said jokingly glaring at Bang Chan.

A huge crowd of girls crowded around Bang Chan and his team, handing them water and snacks. Han ignored that crowd of girls and walked towards Lee Know and offered one of the water bottles he was given. 

"I don't want your pity. I can get stuff for myself." Lee Know said, looking away and refusing to accept the bottle.

"Just think of the as a sign of peace. Even though we took it as a challenge there doesn't need to be any leverage right?" Han said still trying to give the bottle of water to Lee Know. 

Lee Know looked at Han's earnest face and then the bottle of water. He took the bottle of water and meekly said "thank you."

"What did you say?" Han asked. He was asking genuinely since he had honestly not heard what Lee Know just said.

"I said thank you okay? Anyways you won the challenge fair and square. I am not a person who likes to dishonour promises so you can ask one thing of me." Lee Know said drinking the water.

"Well I didn't know you were serious about the punishment so I didn't think of one. But I will hold you on that." Han said putting his arm around Lee Knows shoulder since he was tired.

"Don't use the favour for like helping you hide a body later on or something okay?" Lee Know said jokingly. He slightly grinned and Han noticed that it was the first time he had seen Lee Know smile. Most of the time his resting face looked pretty mean but now seeing him smile he looked so much nicer and gentler. It was like the moon at night, the only light you see shining. 

Hyunjin and Felix ran up to Han calling his name. Han then noticed that he was staring at Lee Know who was talking to one of the other players. He didn't understand why he found himself always paying attention to him. Han looked over at Felix and Hyunjin and noticed a few girls behind him. Lee Know also saw them and removed Han's hand from his shoulder.

"These girls have something they want to ask of Lee Know." Felix said pointing at the girls who were standing behind him. They all seemed to be gathered and were all acting jittery like they were on a sugar high.

One of them, a tall girl with shoulder length hair and a girl crush kind of vibe, walked up and asked."Would you mind if we named you the 8th campus king?

"A campus king? What is that?" Lee Know asked.

"Well it is a title given to the boys who the people of the campus think are most popular, good looking, etc." The girl said.

" Me, Felix, Bang Chan, Jeongin, Seungmin and Changbin are the campus kings so far. We all are close because of that too." Hyunjin said. "But you can reject the offer if you want. If you don't want people pestering you then you can refuse."

"I don't really want the attention so... sorry." Lee Know said and was about to turn away when Han stopped him.

"I know what I want as my favour since I won the game. Become one of the campus kings. Seems like a fair punishment." Han said.

Lee Know looked at Han. His eyes hesitating trying to think if it was a good idea to accept. He saw that Han didn't mean any harm in saying that and then looked at Hyunjin and Felix. They too never seemed very bothered by the girls in the campus. He had seen the girls occasionally coming up and asking them for photos or autographs but most of the time they were left alone. He didn't see too much of a down side to the offer.

"Okay. I accept the offer. You can name me the 8th campus king." Lee Know said. After saying that he did sort of a crooked bow as if he was a prince about to ask for a dance and was slightly smiling.

The girls behind Felix became even more jittery and started quietly squealing. 

"I am Scarlet." the girl in front of Lee Know said while extending her arm.

"Mine is Lee Know but I am pretty sure you already know." Lee Know said shaking her hand.

"Thanks for accepting the offer. I hope to get to know you better so that the girls of the campus can fantasise about another guy." Scarlet said while walking away.

"Same here." Lee Know said. The smile was still on his face and a few girls on the bleachers were taking pictures of him.

One of the girls were walking past the boys and bumped into Han. Han noticed the picture on her phone and wondered why when he saw Lee Know smile he felt this sort of warm feeling. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------