Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

LEAH'S POV

As I follow Damiens directions, weaving through the traffic and going down back streets, I notice we are getting further away from the "fancy" part of the city and heading more to the suburbs. Looking around, I question him. "Are you sure we are going the right way?" Damien whips his head around, looking at me.

"Yeah, Leah. I know where I live." The eye roll he didn't do was implied. He scoffs at me as he points at a house to the right. "There. That's mine."

I pull into the driveway and stop at the garage, my eyes not leaving the two story modest house. It's not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting some penthouse bachelor pad, not the white picket fence he lives in. I sit in the driver's seat looking over at the house, taking in the white cladding that wraps around it and the white shutters on all the windows. The swinging seat that sits on the front veranda rocks slightly with the breeze that is going past it. Stepping out of the car, I look around the beautiful property before moving towards the front door where Damien is waiting for me. Walking up the five little steps onto the front porch, I can see the copious amounts of pot plants that are lining the railings. The aqua door stood out from all the white that surrounds it. Damien grunts as he unlocks and opens the coloured door, stepping to the side allowing me to walk through.

As I step inside the humble home, I look around the small hallway. The light grey walls are bare of photos or art. I can't help myself and start walking forward, investigating further into the house. Stopping at the bottom of the staircase I turn and look at Damien who is eyeing me and my next moves.

"Mr. Caldwell. You should go have a shower. Just point me to the kitchen and I'll see what I can whip up for you." He gives me a smirk that makes my panties want to drop. Damien steps closer to me, leaning down to my ear and says in a low growl, "I'll show you, Leah." The sound of his voice making a wet spot form on my panties. All I can do is nod at him. I don't trust myself to open my mouth, I can feel the moan in my throat wanting to leave. Even though there is plenty of room around us, Damien brushes his chest against mine as he tries to go around me, making me suck in a breath and hold it. The stale smell of him mixed with his cologne still lingering as he walks away through the lounge room and into a back room. Following him, I walk into a beautiful old style kitchen but with modern perks. Nothing fancy, just updated. Walking up to the fridge, I open it and bend over, looking at what food he has for me to cook for him. Without looking from the inside of the fridge, I say. "Okay, you can go shower now. I've got it from here. I'll organise some food for you." Suddenly, it feels like he is right behind me. I can feel him. He's not touching me but I can feel his presence. My heart is pounding in my chest so loud I swear he can hear it, but all he does is walk away towards his bathroom.

Finally being able to relax, I look around the fridge, finding the things to make Damien some bacon and eggs. Collecting everything needed to make the breakfast, I slam the fridge door shut with my foot as I walk away. As I head over to the island benchtop, I spot the stainless steel gas stovetop and it's absolutely beautiful. Carefully, I unload the food next to it as I stare. I've never seen something so beautiful in my life. To say I grew up poor is an understatement. My parents kicked me out at the age of 12 and I lived on the streets until I ran into a lovely woman that moved me in with her. Did we struggle? Yes, we did. Did she love me? Like I was her own. Am I eternally grateful for everything she gave me? Always. I wouldn't be here if she hadn't taken me in. Hearing the pan sizzling, I notice I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't notice that I had already put the bacon in the pan and it was crispy and ready to be eaten. Finding a spare dish, I put the cooked bacon in it and place it next to the stove as I start frying the eggs. I spy a hand sneak past me and take some bacon. I turn around and my jaw drops to the floor. Standing in front of me is Damien. Soaking wet from the shower in nothing but a towel hanging low on his hips. Honestly not much is left to my imagination, I can see what he is packing underneath. He stands there in front of me, smirking as I watch the water drip from his dark hair and down his chest, over his abs, getting caught by the top of the towel, and it takes all my willpower not to walk up to him and run my finger tips over his naked chest, following the path the droplets have taken. Without taking his gorgeous green eyes away from my own he steps forward, he moved so that he was now directly in front of me, making me crane my head up to see his face. I knew he was tall and muscular, but right now? With the way we are standing? I felt so, so tiny. His huge body engulfed me as he towered above me. The need to touch him comes back but this time I can't resist it. I start at his shoulders and run my fingertips down his body. Going over the muscles that he works so hard for and stopping at the towel, I contemplate if I want him to drop the towel but unfortunately, I don't get to make that choice. The room fills with smoke and the smoke alarm gets activated. Fucking great. Damien jumps into action, throwing me out of the way, grabbing the pan, throwing it in the sink and turning on the water. Instantly it stops smoking as Damien turns to me. My hand is covering my mouth and I look between the man standing before me and the steaming pan. "I am so sorry, Mr. Caldwell. Oh my god. I nearly burned your house down." I start to pace as Damien laughs at me, walking to me and grabbing my shoulders, stopping me from moving. "You hardly nearly burned down my house. Burnt the eggs, but not the house." He laughs at me. How could I tell him I burned the eggs because I couldn't take my eyes (and hands) off him?