49

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - slight homophobia
CW - swearing, fluff

SEVEN YEARS LATER

SAPNAP -

"Babe! We're going to be late!" I called up the stairs of the house. My husband Karl appeared at the top of the stairs as a small six year old boy came bounding out of the kitchen.
"Papa!" My son yelled joyously as he wrapped his arms around me.
"Hey," I smiled warmly, ruffling his fluffy brown hair that looked just like his dad's. "You ready to go?" I asked him. He nodded happily.

I grinned at Karl who had reached the foot of the stairs and was trying to untangle the arms of his coat.
"Alex, where's your sister?" I asked the little boy who was still clinging onto me. Alex shrugged, and let go of me.
"I'll find her, be right back," He waved wildly as he bounded past Karl and up the stairs, shouting "Tina! Where are you?!"

I stepped closer to Karl.
"You okay?" I asked, surveying the state of his jacket. He looked up at me and nodded.
"I really have to talk to Tracy's mom though, Tracy keeps bullying the twins because they have two dads," He said sadly, wrapping his arms around me.
"If I was still an assassin, I'd take out Tracy's mom... and possibly Tracy,"

"We've discussed this, love. If you kill parents, you're giving kids trauma for life and killing children is just wrong," He looked down at me, "Buddy" He smirked and leaned in to kiss me. I kissed back, my hands resting on his waist. After a moment, we broke apart and smiled at each other.

"I found Tina!" Alex came bouncing back into the room, his twin sister following closely behind. Alex and Tina were pretty much identical. They shared Karl's fluffy brown hair, although Tina's was a lot longer than Alex's. They also shared my green eyes. Karl and I had participated in a new research foundation six years ago that gave two men the chance to have a child that was actually a combination of both of us. Luckily it had been a success and we'd ended up with two beautiful kids.

Alex and Tina had been a miracle to us. I remembered bringing them home from the hospital, Karl and I were ecstatic. We'd decided to name our baby boy Alex, after Quackity and our baby girl Tina, after Tina from the Amigops who had been our surrogate. Dream and George were the godfathers of the pair.

"Okay, let's go! We're already late as it is," I rushed my family out of the front door of our house. Alex and Tina linked arms, grinning. The two were hardly ever seen apart. Karl fell into step beside me and took my hand.
"I hate bring your parents to school day," He murmured as we reached the car. I chuckled lightly,
"That's just because Tracy's mom is a stuck up bitch," I shot back, my tone joking. Karl rolled his eyes.

We climbed into the car and Alex and Tina immediately wanted to play music. Karl handed them his phone and let them pick the music they wanted to listen to. The car trip to their school was a short one and we arrived quite quickly. Tina groaned when the car came to a halt. Alex noticed her change in mood and gave her a quick hug,

"It's okay Tina, I'll punch anyone who's mean to you," He grinned at her and she laughed a little.
"Thanks Alex," She smiled.
"Okay that was adorable but Alex you're not allowed to punch other kids," Karl said, unbuckling his seatbelt. Alex rolled is eyes and climbed out of the car, muttering under his breath.

The second we walked through the school gate, we were approached by Tina and Alex's friends. A little boy in a skirt came bounding towards Alex who beamed and ran towards his best friend.
"Ben! You got the skirt!" Alex cried, jumping up and down with excitement, Ben nodded with glee.
"My sister took me shopping! She said that I should be free to be whoever I want and wear whatever I want," Ben said proudly, his hands on his hips.

Another boy ran at them, grinning.
"Ben! Let's go! You look great!" He cried, pulling Alex and Ben into a group hug.
"Thanks Jamie!" Ben beamed. The three of them smiled at each other and fell into a conversation about the latest episode of their favourite cartoon.

I turned and watched as Tina moved shyly towards a small group of girls that she knew. Tina had a lot of trouble making friends, unlike her brother. But more recently we'd noticed that she seemed to have found a group that was really nice. The loudest girl from the group, a girl with dark velvety skin and beautiful dark curls, turned to greet Tina, a huge smile on her face.

"Tinza!" The girl cried, pulling Tina into a hug. I noticed a bright red blush spread across my daughter's cheeks as a smile lit up her face.
"Hi Alina," Tina said nervously, a sweet smile on her face. Alina grinned and clasped Tina's hand,
"C'mon, let's go to our tree and see if the flowers have grown more," Alina smiled warmly at Tina who was blushing even more. Tina nodded and the pair ran off, smiling and laughing.

"I ship them," Karl whispered to me,
"Are you seriously shipping our own daughter and her best friend?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Karl nodded,
"Tina was blushing, they're adorable oh my god," Karl kissed me on the cheek, an elated smile on his face. I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"They are cute together," I agreed, smiling after the two girls. Karl nodded happily.

"Dad, Papa! Class is going to start soon," Alex called, gesturing for us to follow him. Karl took my hand and we began to walk after him.

————

When we got home, the twins ran upstairs to their rooms, chatting loudly and excitedly. Karl collapsed on the couch, exhausted.
"I forgot how tiring going to school is," He groaned. I chuckled and sat on the end of the couch, allowing him to lay his head in my lap. I gently began playing with his hair.

We sat in silence for a while,
"I love you, Karl" I murmured, brushing his hair out of his beautiful eyes. He smiled up at me,
"I love you too," He grabbed my hand and brought it lower so he could kiss it. "I love you, and our family and our life," He smiled warmly.

"And to think, this all started with you kidnapping me," He chuckled lightly.
"I used to hate you," I laughed. It was crazy to think that I'd ever hated this man. Karl snorted with laughter.
"Me too. I can't believe all I did when we first met was hate you,"
"I'm glad we fell in love," I murmured. He nodded.

"I love you, buddy," He whispered.
"I love you too, buddy," I whispered back.

Word count - 1167

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!