22

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - blood, injury
CW - swearing fluff

SAPNAP -

It had been yet another week since the incident with Dream in the store. I still hadn't had the chance to talk to Karl alone. Quackity never seemed to leave. I guessed it was probably part of some plan he had to make sure we didn't kiss. Sadly for him he'd already failed.

Then, finally, nine days after the Dream incident, Quackity finally left the house. He was heading down to the docks to keep an eye on Halo's associates because today the leaders of the SBI were finally meeting up with Bad Halo for a negotiation. I opted not to join Quackity, saying that we couldn't leave the hostage here alone for so long, he might escape. After a bit of hesitation, he'd agreed and been on his way.

I waited until he was at least five minutes away from the building before heading to Karl's room. I unlocked the door and didnt bother locking it again once I was inside. Karl was laying on the ground, staring at the ceiling, singing to himself,
"-time, c'mon grab your friends, we'll go to very distant lands, with-" He stopped as he noticed me standing in the doorway. A small smile appeared on his lips.

He stood up and I looked him up and down. He was looking a little worse for wares, his hair was dirty and he was yet again covered in blood and a few bruises. Wordlessly, I held out my hand to him. He tilted his head to the side and smiled before taking my hand in his. He let me lead him to the bathroom.
"Is it bad that I've missed you?" He mumbled when we reached the door. I looked into his eyes,
"Why would it be bad?" I asked,

"Well, if I remember correctly, you pulled me into an alleyway, fucking chloroformed me and have had me as a hostage for almost a month. So it feels a bit wrong for me to miss you," He grinned and I felt a little guilty.
"I'm sorry," I murmured, reaching up to brush some of his hair out of his face.
"I don't like people touching my hair," He informed me and I immediately pulled my hand away, apologising. He laughed lightly, "I don't mind you touching my hair though, you're different," He smiled. I smiled too.

"What's different about me?" I asked,
"I missed you, and I like you," He replied. I smiled. He smiled too. Then he went into the bathroom, "I need to be clean if we're going to talk about feelings," He told me as he closed the door in my face. I chuckled lightly and walked into the kitchen to prepare food. I'd already left him clean clothes. I'd washed his colour block  hoodie for him, I hoped it would make him happy.

Twenty minutes later, I heard the bathroom door open.
"Sapnap?" Karl's voice called after a moment,
"Kitchen!" I responded as I added the finishing touches to the pasta I'd made. Karl wandered in to the kitchen, he was wearing his colour block hoodie and a bright smile was on his face.

"You washed it," He said, gesturing the hoodie. I hummed in response,
"You look cute in it and I felt bad for ruining it," I told him, slightly embarrassed. Karl beamed at me as he slid into one of the seats at the island. I brought the two bows of pasta over to him and placed one infront go him.  We ate in silence and when we were finished, I washed up the bowls.

Neither of us knew how to start the conversation. I decided to follow Quackity's advice. I closed my eyes and turned my head in the direction of Karl. I decided that when I opened my eyes I would say exactly what came to my mind when I say him. I took a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes.

Karl sat at the island, his chin resting on the palm of his hand. His fluffy brown hair was still a little damp at the back from his recent shower and the sunlight drifting in through the living room window seemed to cast an ethereal glow around him.

"I like you. I think you're beautiful," I said it before I could stop myself and immediately I wanted to clamp my hand over my mouth and take it back. Even though I meant it, it was a stupid thing for me to say. Karl looked up, his hand falling out from beneath his chin.
"Really?" He breathed, his eyes gazing into mine. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"I can't stop thinking about you," I admitted as my cheeks heated up. Karl stood up and walked around the island so we were facing each other.
"Simp," He murmured as he grinned at me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes,
"Shut the fuck up, I'm being vulnerable right now," I laughed and so did Karl. He reached up and cupped my cheek in his hand.

"Go on then, tell me your feelings," He said,
"Shut up," I mumbled. He chuckled,
"We've been over this, buddy, if you want me to shut up, you're going to have to make me," He grinned as his hand fell from my cheek to my shoulder.

I smiled and rolled my eyes as I pulled him closer and connected our lips. He immediately tangled his fingers in my hair as my hands rested on his waist. I melted into the kiss as I pushed him up against the island. We stayed like that for a long time, too wrapped up in each other to notice anything else. Kissing Karl felt right.

When we broke apart, Karl rested his head on my shoulder and I smiled.
"I wish I could take you on a real date," I breathed, threading my fingers through his. He hummed in response, "One day I will, I promise," I murmured as I held him in my arms.

"That sounds nice," He told me, "But for now, its time for video games," He grinned at me and I nodded. He planted a chaste kiss on my lips before saying, "First one to the couch picks the game,"

And hand in hand, we ran, giggling and almost tripping over the furniture as we went.

I was happy.

For now.

Word count - 1063

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!