12

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - Blood, cut
CW - Swearing

SAPNAP -

"Sap!" Quackity burst into my bedroom, pulling me out of the comforting dream I'd been having.
"Go away," I groaned, pulling the covers over my head. Quackity scoffed.
"I have a mission today, you have to stay here and take care of Jacobs. He has a nasty cut that needs treating, I got a little carried away with interrogation yesterday," Quackity's voice sounded slightly guilty.
"Jesus, Q, don't go about killing our damn hostage," I responded, emerging from beneath the covers.

Quackity rolled his eyes and grinned,
"I'm gonna swing past George's later today. Gladys needs to check op on her brother," Quackity said, leaning against the doorframe. I nodded at him, "There's money on the counter, you can order food or something," He smiled.
"Thank you and fuck you," I spat as I climbed out of bed. Quackity laughed,
"Bye Sap! See you later!"
"Bye, asshole,"

I got out of bed and got dressed my mind racing. I was going to be alone with Karl all day. I hadn't spoken a word to him since that day I'd cleaned his lip. It had been four days. I'd managed to ignore his looks of disappointment every time I'd dismissed his attempts to talk to me but I couldn't help feeling a little bad. Quackity had kept me occupied with trashy rom-coms however so it hadn't been all bad.

I trudged out into the kitchen where Quackity had laid out a bunch of cereal boxes. I picked my favourite before picking the worst option for Karl. Once I'd added milk I reluctantly walked towards Karl's room. I unlocked the door and walked inside. I handed him the food.
"Here," I mumbled as he slowly stood up from his sitting position in the corner of the room. He scowled at me as he took the bowl and began wolfing down the cereal.

As he ate, I surveyed his injuries. He had a bruised eye and blood was seeping through his white shirt. His hoodie was discarded in a corner and I felt bad. He'd probably been freezing all night. We sat in complete silence until his bowl was empty. He leaned towards me, holding out the bowl. I took it and he winced, tears springing into his eyes.
"Are you okay?" I asked tentatively. He sucked in a sharp breath and nodded.

"I'm fine," He said sharply. It was not convincing.
"Let me see the cut," I ordered, sitting on the bed next to him and waiting expectantly. Karl quickly shook his head, covering his stomach as best he could without hurting himself. I sighed deeply and reached out, gently prying his arms away. "Don't make this difficult, Karl," I mumbled.
"I thought you weren't talking to me," He shot back.

I didn't reply, I just carefully lifted up his shirt to inspect the cut. I winced when I saw it.
"Fuck," I breathed, "Quackity really did a number on you," I whispered. To say the cut was bad would be an understatement. It looked to be on the edge of infection and it definitely needed cleaning. But there was no way I'd be able to clean it properly in the prison-like room. I sighed deeply and took Karl by the wrist.

"C'mon, we need to clean this," I helped him to his feet and ignored all of his questions. I grabbed rope as we left the room so I could tie him to something in the bathroom so he wouldn't escape. I guided Karl through the small apartment and into the bathroom. Once we were inside I directed him to the stool standing beside the bath. He sat down and I tied the rope around his ankle before attaching it to the pole connected to the sink.

"Take off you're shirt," I said.
"Geez, take me out to dinner first," Karl joked in reply, making me smirk.
"You're in luck, Q is out on a mission so I'm cooking dinner later, just you and me," I grinned at him and he rolled his eyes. Whilst Karl busied himself with unbuttoning his bloodstained shirt, I took off my bandana and tied it around my neck like a tie. I went to one of the drawers beneath the sink and pulled out a wavy black headband and used it to push back my hair.
Karl laughed when he caught sight of me.

"Shut up," I demanded, "I don't want your blood in my hair," I flipped him off as I left the room to grab the first aid kit from the kitchen. When I returned, Karl was fully shirtless, inspecting the cut. Even though he was covered in blood, I felt a chill run down my spine at the sight of his toned arms and chest.
"Enjoying the view Stupidnap?" He smirked, leaning back slightly. I scoffed but smiled,
"You wish, Jacobs," I said matter of factly, moving over to sit in front of him.

I pulled a cloth out of the first aid kit and ran it under the sink water. I carefully began to clean Karl's cut, stopping every so often when he winced in pain. It took us a solid half our to clean it and another ten to figure out how to use the bandages correctly. Once his stomach was wrapped up in gauze and bandages, I quickly washed my hands before deciding to be nice and let him get properly clean.

I grabbed a jug from the kitchen and, with Karl's permission, I began washing his hair, carefully avoiding the bandages. I noticed he had two piercings in his ears and I couldn't help but smile. They suited him. To fill the awkward silence, Karl started humming. I listened silently, enjoying the sound of his voice. Once his hair was clean, I untied his leg after threatening him and left him alone to clean the rest of himself.

I went into my bedroom and began searching for clean clothes for Karl to wear. I found a brand new pair of boxers that had been provided with house, a pair of sweatpants and one of my hoodies. I waited in my room until I heard Karl's voice call out to me. I made my way back to the bathroom and handed him the clothes.

Once he was dressed, he stepped out of the bathroom. I did a double take. All of the clothes fit him well, except the hoodie. I wasn't taller than the brunette but I had broader shoulders whilst he had a small frame. The hoodie hung off his body, falling down to his thighs and hanging over his hands.

My face turned slightly red as I stared at Karl. He grinned at me.
"So, we're talking again, right? You're not going to keep being a dick?" He leaned casually against the wall. I didn't know what to say. Karl seemed to find that funny. He took a step closer to me and grabbed the bandana tied around my neck. He used it to pull me closer so our faces were mere millimetres apart.

"Not so tough now, are we, Little Ember?" He murmured, a confident smirk playing on his lips. I smirked back, brushing away my nervous butterflies. My eyes flickered down to his lips. He grinned, "My eyes are up here, buddy," His voice sounding melodic and it was driving me crazy having him this close to me. I looked back up and met his eyes. They were full of anticipation.

We both seemed to move a little closer and my heart started racing.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE?"

Word count - 1267

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!