19

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - mentions of death, getting beat up
CW - swearing

GEORGE -

As soon as Dream closed his front door, Quackity, Sapnap and I slipped inside the house through the back door. Sapnap shivered as he surveyed the house. I cast a furtive glance over too him.
"You okay?" I asked as we made our way into the kitchen. Sapnap nodded but froze when he caught sight of a small collection of photos on the wall.

The one in the middle was Sapnap and Dream on the day they moved in together, their arms thrown around each other, grinning. Surrounding that photo were other smaller ones, all of them containing Sapnap. There was a small framed note too, I recognised Sapnap's handwriting.
'Dream, there's pizza in the fridge. Hope you found Mrs Hudson's cat. Goodnight, love you brother'

Sapnap inhaled sharply.
"I didn't know he kept that," He mumbled, a guilty expression on his face. I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.
"You don't have to be here if it's too hard, Q and I can handle this ourselves," I felt bad for him, I knew how he felt. I wasn't the only one who'd lost Dream. This had been his home after all, before he 'died'

Sapnap took a deep breath and shook his head.
"I'm fine," He said as he made his way past me into the living room. Quackity and I followed him and I pulled out the phone I'd been using when I was around Dream. I already had five missed calls from the blond. I chuckled.

"Alright, lets go over the plan again," I said, sitting down on the couch. Quackity and Sapnap nodded and sat down with me.
"We call Dream and then beat the shit out of you," Quackity supplied. Sapnap and I burst out laughing.
"Yes, thats our plan," I said between laughs.
"Well lets get to it, George call him," Sapnap commanded.

I stood up and pulled on my voice distortion mask. I unlocked my phone, pressed call on Dream's contact and brought the phone to my ear. It had only rung for a few seconds before Dream answered.
"George?" He asked quickly, his voice full of worry. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.
"I'm sorry, must be a wrong number, I'm not George," I drawled, enjoying being back in my role as NotFound after such a long break.

"What have you done to him?" Dream spat, making me laugh.
"Oh, my dear, how foolish you are," I sneered as I walked over to where Quackity was now standing, beside the door. I passed him the phone and he grinned.
"Hola, detective," Quackity greeted Dream, his voice filled with malicious excitement.
"Pato," I heard Dream's voice distantly on the other end of the phone.

"Where's George," Dream asked as I wandered over to Patches who had entered the room, looking curious. I gently picked her up and held her close to me, smiling warmly.
"He's at home, man," Quackity replied to Dream, then his eyes caught on Patches. "You're cat's cute by the way dude," Quackity taunted and Patches let out a meow.
"Don't fucking touch my goddamn cat or my goddamn roommate," Dream growled. I fought the urge to laugh.

Quackity chuckled and nodded at me to take off my voice distorter,
"Say hi to your precious Georgie," Quackity sneered before holding out the phone so Dream could hear me,
"I don't understand! Who are you?" I yelled, filling my voice with terror and fear, mimicking how my victims sounded before I killed them.
"GEORGE!" He called desperately. I grinned and took a breath before calling out his name, begging for help.

"What do you say we play a little game, Detective," Quackity asked. I headed over to Sapnap as Quackity and Dream continued talking.
"You ready?" I asked quietly, hoping my voice wouldn't carry to the phone. Sapnap grinned at me.
"You have no idea how many times I've wanted to give you a good punch," He replied, looking excited. I rolled my eyes.
"Okay, Sap," I retorted, a small smile playing on my lips. Sapnap grinned back at me.

Quackity laughed loudly.
"Alright, would you rather, my buddy Pandas here, burns down your house with George and Patches still inside, or, Pandas gives your precious roommate a good few punches and knocks him out?" His voice was full of anticipation. I suddenly felt slightly uneasy. What if Dream chose the first option? What if we actually had to light the house on fire? No. Surely Dream wouldn't compromise his entire house.

I held my breath, waiting for his answer.
"The second one," He mumbled after a while. I let out a relieved breath. I was so glad Dream wasn't a complete idiot.
"You heard the man, Pandas, get punching," Quackity sounded delighted. I rolled my eyes. Both of them were way too excited. I took a breath and gave Sapnap a small nod.
"I know you have a 'don't show weakness' policy, but you have to act like a pained civilian," Sapnap hissed before throwing a punch directly into my stomach. I yelled out, trying to make it sound like I was in pain.

"George just hold on, I'm on my way!" Dream called, Quackity snorted and hung up on him. I braced myself and clenched my teeth together as Sapnap began throwing more punches at me. It hurt like hell but I refused to cry out or acknowledge my pain. I was better than that.

After I while I felt my consciousness slipping away as my whole body began to ache. I slipped slowly into unconsciousness and the last thing I referred was called forwards and Sapnap's arms wrapping around me, lowering me to the ground. Then everything went black.

At some point, my unconsciousness morphed into sleep.

I dreamt of my first high school dance. Or, more specifically the hours leading up to it.
I had been nervous. Extremely nervous. I'd spent over two hours in front of my bathroom mirror, smoothing out the creases in my deep blue suit and fix my unruly mess of dark brown hair.

I'd been forced to leave my hair alone when the doorbell was rung. I'd sprinted down the stairs, my stomach full of nervous butterflies. I'd flung open the door and my face had split into a smile. A tall blond with a smattering of freckles and a nervous smile had been standing in my doorway, straitening the blazer of his dark green suit.

His face had lit up when he'd seen me and he'd pulled me closer to him.
"You look amazing George, I love you so much," His voice reverberated in my head. The way he said my name, full of love and adoration.

"George,"
"George,"
"George,"

"George please, wake up,"

I slowly opened my eyes and came face to face with a familiar blond, only this time, his gaze wasn't full of love, it was full of worry.

Before I could stop myself, I started to cry.

Word count - 1164

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!