35

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - mentions of torture
CW - swearing, fluff

KARL -

Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
Sapnap.
He was the only thing on my mind.

It had been a month. You would've thought that being apart would get easier with time but it hadn't. Sapnap haunted my every thought and he was the focus of all of my dreams. I hadn't been allowed to go home yet. Corpse and Foolish were keeping a close watch on me, trying to 'fix my mind'. They were convinced that Sapnap had hypnotised me.

I was staying with Tina at the moment, she was much kinder than the rest of the group, she didn't go through my phone or watch my every move. She treated me like she had before I went missing.

"You're not hypnotised, are you?" She said one night as we sat eating dinner. I shook my head. Tina paused for a moment, "Karl, what actually happened whilst you were there?" She was the first person to genuinely ask me. Everyone else seemed to be convinced that I had been brainwashed and therefore my account of what had happened wasn't valid.

I considered what to say in response to Tina, there was a very high chance that if I was truthful then Tina would report back to Corpse and the others and I'd be deemed crazy. But the look on her face made me trust her. I took a deep breath and said,
"I hated them both of first. Sap- Pandas and Pato. I still don't like Pato very much. He beat the shit out of me. A lot. But Pandas was nicer, he cared for my wounds and he didn't really treat me like a hostage,"

I paused and looked up at Tina, she was fully focused on me, her expression kind, not worried for my sanity.
"Pandas and I sort of... flirted with each other. Every time I saw him, I made fun of him or flirted with him, honestly at first I just wanted someone to talk to, I was so lonely in that stupid cell. But then we almost kissed and I realised that I might like him and I hated myself for it,"

I took a deep breath,
"I didn't mean to like him like that. I hated that I did. But then he told me how he felt and it was like the rest of the world didn't matter. It didn't matter how we met or how we got to that point, all that mattered was him and me and the way we felt. That day you ambushed us in the alley, we were on our first date. He snuck me out of the apartment so he could show me how much he really cared about me. I really like him, Tina. I'm not crazy, or brainwashed,"

Tina reached across the table and placed a comforting hand on my arm,
"I know you're not crazy, Karl. Look, I want to help you, okay? I'm not going to let you lose Pandas," She smiled warmly and for the first time in a month, I felt hopeful. "Okay, I'll send him a secret message and see if he can visit, then we can go from there," She squeezed my arm and I felt tears fill my eyes.

"Thank you Tina, thank you so much," I stood up and gave her a hug. She chuckled and hugged back.
"I want you to be happy Karl,"

————

He was going to be here at any minute. I'd put three hours worth of effort into my appearance. I was currently frantically cleaning the guest room in Tina's house, the room I'd been living in. I heard the doorbell ring downstairs and Tina called for me to stay in my room. I heard her open the door and greet someone before inviting them inside.

We'd made a plan that she'd have a cup of tea with Sapnap first so that if someone was watching, they wouldn't be suspicious, then Sapnap would come upstairs to me.
I waited for about half an hour. Then I heard a voice downstairs say,
"Can I use your bathroom?" It was Sapnap.

"Yeah, it's just upstairs, first door to your left," Tina responded. I waited with baited breath as someone began to climb the stairs. Then the door opened.

Sapnap was standing there, a huge smile on his face as he locked eyes with me.
He ran at me and pulled me into his arms.
"I missed you so fucking much," He said, his voice muffled by my shoulder. I giggled and hugged him back,
"I missed you too, buddy,"

We broke apart and Sapnap beamed at me, his eyes taking in everything about me.
"God, I didn't know it was possible to miss someone this much," He breathed as he gently began tracing my features with his finger, as if he was burning them into his memory. He leaned closer to me and I smiled before pulling him into a kiss.

We both melted into the kiss, one of his hands tangled in my hair whilst the other cupped my cheek. I wrapped my arms around him and we both stumbled backwards towards the bed. The kiss deepened as we collapsed onto the soft mattress. The rest of the world seemed to slip away as I was consumed by the feeling of his mouth on mine.

"Karl! Sapnap!" Tina burst through the door and stopped abruptly when she noticed our compromising position. We jumped away from each other but stayed close enough that Sapnap could put his arm around me.
"What's up?" I asked, trying to sound casual. Tina looked around frantically,
"Corpse is on his way, he knows Sapnap is here, he has security footage. He thinks Karl manipulated me and snuck Sapnap in. Karl, he wants to bring you in for interrogation," Tina's voice went quieter as she said the last bit.

I felt my stomach drop,
"Corpse's interrogations are always torturing the person up for answers," I said meekly. Tina nodded. Sapnap's arm tightened around me,
"No way. I'm not going to let that bastard hurt my Karl," He spat defensively. Tina sighed, frustrated.
"We don't really have a choice here. If Corpse sees you then he'll kill you,"

"Sap, you need to go," I murmured. Sapnap's eyes widened.
"But Karl, they're going to hurt you," He sounded scared. I gave him a small smile and cupped his cheek in my hand.
"I'll be fine love, you need to go, we can't go on a date if you're dead y'know," I chuckled lightly and Sapnap allowed himself to smile.

Then he slowly stood up,
"I'll take you out through the back door," Tina said quickly. I got to my feet and took Sapnap's hand in mine. I leant down and kissed him quickly.
"See you soon," I whispered. Sapnap nodded and hugged me before leaving the room with Tina.

There was a knock on the front door.
I practically sprinted down the stairs, I couldn't let anyone see Sapnap leaving.
I opened the door and came face to face with Corpse. Rae and Foolish stood behind him.
"Karl, you need to come with me,"

Word count - 1197

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!