Hunting season

The birds chirped cheerfully up in treetops as they sang a good morning song to welcome in the new day. Hearing one of nature's finest melodies playing, Penelope awoke feeling much more refreshed than she had been for a long time.

Stretching her arms out she released a sigh of contentment as she felt her muscles relax. Blinking the last of sleep out of her eyes Penelope was shocked to find herself laying outside her home instead of in her bed!

Just than she heard a faint murmuring in the distance. "No fear, no hate, no anger." Curious she wrapped the blanket around her shoulders and followed the soft mantra until she found Drift mediating in his biped mode.

No longer did he wear the anxious frown from last night, but had instead replaced it with a serene smile that lit up his handsome face. In fact his whole posture radiated with a calm and peaceful aura.

As if he sensed her presence Drift opened his optics and greeted her warmly. "Ohayō, Miss Blythe, that means good morning in Japanese." "Ohayō Drift," she replied fluidly using the correct annunciation as he did. A feat which very much impressed Drift. "How did you sleep?" "Very well thanks to you Miss Blythe." Drift answered. "In fact after our conversation last night, I slept as sound as a sparkling."

"I'm very glad to hear that Drift, because you'll need plenty of rest in order to fully regain your strength. Speaking of which if it's alright with you, I'd like to check on your injuries just to make sure everything's healing as it should be." Drift nodded his helm. "Of course Miss Blythe. Come let us go to your garage."

Standing up to his full height Drift followed Penelope back home. Upon returning to the cottage she removed the blanket from her shoulders and proceeded to fold it up neatly when she remembered something.

"Uh Drift about last night—" "Yes?" The autobot samurai looked over at Penelope with an inquisitive expression. "Did I spent the night out here?"

At this Drift chuckled sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. "Yes; you fell asleep in my servo. However I didn't want to wake you so I tucked you in on the front porch swing."

"Aw thank you Drift, that was very sweet of you." Drift felt his faceplates blush a very light blue. "Your welcome Miss Blythe." "Please call me Penelope. I think after last night you have the right to call me by my first name."

"Very well Penelope." Drift said flashing her a faint yet charismatic smile.

Unbeknownst to the pair that from the canopy of trees, a lone strangers watches them with a sinister glare and an ugly snarl.

••••••(Meanwhile on the other side of the earth)•••••

"How hard is it to find one Prime on this pathetic dirt ball planet!" Growled Lockdown.

Harold Attinger pinched the bridge of his nose as he felt an incoming migraine. 'Could this day get any worse?!'

No sooner had the question popped into his mind when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

'I just had to ask!' Attinger mentally face palmed. To Lockdown he held a up a finger. "Excuse me for a moment."

The cybertronian bounty Hunter just grunted some derogatory remark about humans as Attinger glanced down to see who was calling him.

The CIA operative's brows furrowed as he noticed a familiar number. 'Hmm that's odd. Why would this person be contacting me after all this time?'