20

Jennie's Pov.

"Jen. Why are you here." Jeongyeon asked, when she saw me her in the locker room.

"I'm fine. I just feel dizzy yesterday because I was tired, maybe  because I was pregnant and the doctor said there was no problem. I need   to work. I need to save for this baby."
I explained to her.

She was aware that I was pregnant.  She and Nayeon are the only people who know about my pregnancy. Good thing that she has no idea about Lisa.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked. I tapped her shoulder before i nodded.

" just don't push yourself too hard , okay .. you have to think you are carrying a baby." she says .

I was busy serving the customers but to my surprise, someone stood in front of me.

"So, you're still working here,  Huh"  the woman who reported me to Lisa said.

"Mam, I'm sorry for what I did before. I promise I won't do it again." politely I said.

Even against my will.  I apologized for her to stop bothering me.

"okay, I will accept your apology if you kneel in front of me ."
She said that shocked me .

I'm having a second thoughts if I would kneel or not. I don't want to,  but I really need this job for now.

"What.!!!  are you going to get on your knees or I'm going to ask your boss to fire you. Lisa is sending me to her office now."
She added.

I clenched my fist and slowly knelt in front of her. I know people are looking at me, I am angry because I did it even though I did nothing wrong to her.

But I have no choice because it is necessary to keep my job.

I was kneeling in front of her when I suddenly felt a cold liquid flow over my head.

My tears flowed spontaneously because she poured her drinks on me in front of many people. I tried to restrain myself from fighting even though I was full of anger.

"Lara."
I heard an angry voice. And i know it's lisa's .

I heard a slap. "this is the last time you'll do this, do you understand me." lisa's cold voice.

I kept crying, because i hate myself. I'm angry because I think so low that I have to beg just so I don't lose my job but I know I did this not just for myself, I am doing this for my future child.

I felt someone help me get up and she wiped my head and my face with a handkerchief.

" are you okay ." it's lisa , I don't know why but I hugged her.

"shhhh. Stop crying." she whispered to me as she caressed my back to calm me down.

She slowly led me away from the restaurant and because of my emotion, I did not notice that we were already here in her office.

She made me sit on the couch and she wiped away my tears.

"please relax. I promise everything will be okay . But first you need to take a shower and change your clothes." she said as she continued to wipe my face.

I could see the concern on her face as she look  at me. I don't know why she  cares about me like this, she even hurt her girlfriend because of me.

I know that woman did something wrong, but that's not enough reason to hurt her, especially if she's her girlfriend.

"Use this first. It's clean, it's my extra clothes here in my office. Wear it first just change again later, when the clothes I bought arrive." she said to me while handing me a pair of sweatpants , t-shirt and towel.

"There's the bathroom, just call me if you need anything." she added.

I still didn't say anything because I felt that I would become even more emotional when I uttered a word.

As water flows through my body. what happened earlier suddenly entered my mind.. "shit jennie. Why did you hug her." I scolded myself.

Now it confuses my mind what were the reactions of the people there and the employees who saw what I did.

After taking a shower, I immediately wiped my body while facing the mirror. I know that my pregnancy is not obvious yet but I have noticed that my body shape has changed.

I caressed my tummy while smiling. "baby, mommy will do everything for you." I said before I continued wearing the clothes that lisa lent me.

I know that Lisa's clothes is too big for me but I feel very comfortable wearing it, even before when we were still together.

I came out of the bathroom I saw that she looked at me and smiled, before she turned her attention back to the paper she was reading. After she sign the papers she stood up and slowly pulled me on the couch.

My eyes widened when I saw four paper bags of a luxurious brand ,and the table had a lot of different kinds of fruits and delicious food.

"It's all for you. Eat first before you change your clothes." she said smiling.

"Lisa what is this." I asked her seriously.

"food and clothing." her innocent answer. "That's not what I meant. Why are you doing this."  I asked her.

"I just want to help you."

"look lisa, I appreciate that you helped me  but I can't accept that." I said while pointing at the expensive clothes.

"okay I won't force you if you don't want to accept that, but I want you to eat before you leave. What time is it? It's not good for you if you don't eat on time." she explained.

I was confused about what she said but I did nothing when she pulled me towards the food.

Even though I was embarrassed I couldn’t stop myself from eating the food that was in front of me because I felt like I had to eat them.

Good thing that the food he bought was pure nutritious. I know it will be good for my baby.

I was hesitant to tell her about my pregnancy. I'm afraid she might not believe that she made me pregnant.

While I was busy eating. I noticed that lisa was just looking at me while smiling.

"what." I asked her. "I'm just glad you liked the food I bought." her reply.

I looked at the clock and was so frustrated that I noticed that I had been here for three hours in Lisa's office. Now I can’t stop myself from thinking about what the employees would think why I’m staying here for so long .

"I have to leave." I told her after consuming all the food she bought.

"Wait a minute jen. You don't want to tell me anything." she asked.

"owwh I'm sorry. Thank you mam for helping me and for the food. I need to go back to work."

I saw the sadness in her eyes when she heard what I said. I don't know if I said something wrong that made her  react like that but I brushed it off because i really need to go.

"Be careful, please don't make yourself too tired." she said before she returned to her desk.

" thank you ." I replied and went straight out of her office.

I'm still wearing lisa's clothes because I didn't accept the expensive dress she gave me.

It's like I want to melt because I feel like all the employees are looking at me when I walk out the from lisa's door. I think I'll just go home,  I can't work wearing like  this.