PART 38: Let Down

Start from the beginning

I sighed and put my hands on my waist, trying to control my emotions as well because I couldn't blame War if he behaved like this right now. He saw Blue so fucking close to my face as like we ready for kiss each other. If I was in his position, I also became irritated.

"War, baby"

"I will talk to you when you calm down a bit."

He looked at me for a second and continued to walk upstairs. I gripped my hair harshly and let out a deep breath.

I couldn't proceed with what just happened and the hell this kid tried to do? If I didn't open my eyes and War didn't shout my name, he probably already kissed me.

≖≖✿❁ ≖≖

After spending over 30 minutes in the living room, I got up and went upstairs where I saw War sitting on the bed, embracing his legs and not yet having a shower. I approached him and sat down next to him but he continued to remain silent.

"Are you ready to talk?" I asked softly because I really didn't want to drag this issue for too long especially when it comes to Blue.

"Now, you know he likes you, not me," War said without looking at me and his voice cracked.

Yes, I acknowledge that it was my fault for failing to realise and for acting carelessly when Blue began to show a liking for me, which made War uneasy but I truly didn't pay attention to the kid when he stopped approaching War. So, how could I know?

My focus is solely on War, so I didn't even consider the possibility of someone else liking me and about Blue, of course, I never had any inkling that he might like me because I always assumed that he liked War. I therefore find this to be so unexpected.

"Baby, I'm—"

"He's younger than you."

I wrinkled at his words.

"You don't need to be tired to take care of someone like me," he said and a drop of tears fell on his cheeks. I didn't understand why he said something like this but I hate that. Taking care of him never makes me feel worn out because he takes care of me as well as I do of him. We take care of each other well.

I wanted to wipe his tears but he pushed my hand away. "I lost the ring you gave me," he suddenly said.

"What? When?"

"Why are you not telling me earlier?" I asked because I gave him that ring during his birthday.

"I want to tell you but you fucking flirt with someone else!" He suddenly shouted, causing me to fall silent for a few seconds.

I let out a deep breath and covered my face for a moment before looking at him again. I moved closer to him. "Baby, listen to me."

"I admit it's my fault that I didn't realize Blue made you uncomfortable because-" I stopped for a while because I also didn't believe what I wanted to say. "Because he likes me," I continued my words and sighed, then held both of his hands.

"I already told you so many times he likes you," he said with his tears slowly falling down, making me really hate it when I saw him cry like this.

"I'm sorry I didn't take it seriously."

He pulled his hands that I held and continued to hug his legs while looking another direction. "I want to be alone," he said.

"War"

"Please," he pleaded and I had no other choice other than coming out from the room because I couldn't pressure him to talk at this moment because he needed time to comprehend what had just happened and everything that had built up to whatever had disturbed him. He needs some time to calm down, so he doesn't blow up, making the problem bigger.