PART 23: Solitary

: ̗̀➛𝐘𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕✾

"Blue?"

"What are you doing here?" I furrowed my brow and bolted out the door in an instant, after which I shut it behind me to prevent him from seeing War inside the house.

Instead of providing an answer to my question, his attention was directed to the unbuttoned shirt I was wearing, which displayed my abdominal muscles. He seemed perplexed as to why I was dressed in such a manner at this hour.

I swiftly undid the buttons of my shirt, acting as if everything was normal despite being aware of my disheveled hair. I just wished that he hadn't spotted the crimson mark War left on my neck.

"What are you doing at my house at this hour?" I repeated my question. I mean, of course I know he came here to met War but what the fuck he was coming here at this freaking hour.

"Is P'War at home?"

"Yeah," I answered briefly. Despite my strong desire to immediately evict this kid, I attempted a calm demeanor.

"Can I see him, phi? I want to give him this." He showed a gift bag in his hand.

"What is this?"

"Ohhh, P'War's birthday is next week but I won't be here at that time. So, I want to give him his birthday present right now." He smiled broadly.

"Then, you came to someone's house at this hour just for this?" With a cold demeanor, I placed my hands on my waist and expressed my words. His response only fueled the growing flame within me.

"I'm...sorry, phi." His gaze met mine with an unmistakable awareness, an understanding that permeated the air between us, revealing his astute perception of my profound aversion towards his mere presence.

"I'm on the way to the airport now, so I...just stopped by your house first. I'm...sorry to bother you, phi." His voice stuttered.

"Of course you bother me, bother us. Can you see what time it is now?" In complete disbelief, I found myself compelled to raise my voice in astonishment at the sheer audacity of this kid who had bravely ventured to meet War at such a late hour. The mere thought of what might have happened if I had not been present at that very moment sent shivers down my spine. No explanations or justifications could possibly appease the fiery intensity that surged within me, for the mere act of this kid's arrival at our doorstep had ignited an irrevocable flame within my being.

Damn it.

I started to hate this kid.

I didn't have time to continue my words when the door suddenly opened. "Yin, why are you—"

"Blue?" When War saw Blue standing in front of us, he immediately halted. War's face has just appeared while the rest of his body is concealed behind the door. Of course I am aware of the reason for this. We were in the midst of a passionate make out session when this damned kid came.

"P'War!" His smile stretched from ear to ear as he saw War, filling him with an overwhelming desire to approach him. However, in an instant, I swiftly intervened, preventing him from taking a step forward by firmly placing my palm on his chest.

"Go home. I will help you to give him this." I took the gift bag from his hand and simply locked my eyes on him, waiting for him to go.