Stay strong

*warning (dumb author here) none of this has been edited and if you guys find any mistakes in my work plz lmk again thanks so much for reading any feedback is appreciated!!*

Sam's POV
I carried Bucky to the medbay. Tony met me at the doors helping me to a hospital bed. Bruce was running around looking in dozens of drawers and cabinets. Then, the scientist grabbed a syringe taking out a vial and prepped a needle.

I laid him down gently on the prepared hospital bed. "What's in that?" I didn't mean to sound so accusatory and why I was so worried mystified me.

"A heavy sedative. With the super soldier serum in his veins it's too risky to use a normal sedative. When Steve got hurt a while back we had no other choice so we made a chemical cocktail of sedatives making one heavy enough to help incase we needed to preform surgeries or anything on people with enhanced abilities." Bruce sounded so official. The man had multiple and extensive letters after his name. I trusted him to take care of the ex-assassin.

As Tony was prepping the many medical machines he looked to Nat and Steve.

"What in the hell happened?" His voice was stern. He was clearly upset and if anything angry.

I interjected before Steve could answer. "We were sparing. Steve triggered something in Bucky and his Winter Soldier roots came back."

Nat backed me up. "There's a tie between the Red Room and The Winter Soldier program. Not only did he help train us, but the HYDRA officials gave a back-up trigger in The Asset's programming. It's called 'Widow Override' and any Red Room resident knows it by heart. Whoever uses the override immediately becomes the temporary Handler of The Asset."
She continued. "I used that override and asked him what happened. Steve your little comment," She glared at him."seemed to trigger old memories and his last orders. His last orders were to kill you at any cost. I told him Mission complete but it honestly is a fifty fifty whether he's going to truly listen."

Bruce slid the sedative into Bucky's flesh arm. Immediately, the ex-assassin sat upwards in pain.
Tony was there, strapping Bucky down with leather straps connected to the bed. 
Bucky's eyes stayed closed and he cried out as if he was being electrocuted. Before anybody could question it he fell back down, the sedative quickly took its course.

Bruce backed away to check the machines and Tony went out of the room to talk to Steve. I stood at the end of his bed. Nat stayed with me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"He's gonna be ok." Her tone made it sound more like a question then a statement.

"I hope so." I still hadn't figured out why I cared so much. But I chalked it up to the fact that he was my friend. That's why I cared.

Right?

Bruce had found a few plastic chairs, putting them next to Bucky's bed, Nat and I sat down. Nat started a conversation with Bruce, asking question about his condition. I listened, hoping maybe he would be better soon.

"We'll need to run some more tests but-"

"Please. Help me." The voice was small. I didn't want to know how three words could be filled with such fear. We all turned in silence as Bucky said the words again. His eyes were clenched tight, his face contorted in pain, and sparks flew from his arm. He clenched his teeth groaning in pain as his whole left side went rigid from the pain.

Tony had entered the room again without any of us knowing and spoke:

"Did anyone think it'd be a good idea to tell Bruce and I about THE SPARKS COMING OFF HIS ARM?!" He sounded livid, Steve came in and put a hand to the playboy's shoulder.

He whispered something and Tony seemed to calm down. He walked over and looked over Bucky's arm.

"It's malfunctioning and very very damaged. How did nobody notice this?" Tony's tone held a mixture of accusation towards us all. And maybe if I didn't know better I'd say he almost sounded guilty he didn't notice it either.

"Alright. Bruce if you can work on him medically I'd say do what you can. I'll put a call out to Dr.Strange and we'll see if the wizard can help with surgery. He is a surgeon right?"

Bruce answered Tony yes and pulled out his phone ready to call. I shot up from my chair.

"Surgery???" I sounded concerned. More concerned about Bucky as if I was a relative hearing he was gonna die.

"Yes, HYDRA put this arm on him very very very incorrectly and it's constantly hurting him. He's in pain. The scar tissue around the arm alone needs to be dealt with." Bruce's voice has taken the medical tone again.

Nat looked at me and looked at Bucky as he laid on the bed. Still looking in pain. Steve interjected them in a quiet voice. He was looking at the floor.

"He tried to get it off. When I found Bucky in the town I knew that's what he'd done. More than likely it's a constant reminder of the stuff he's done and I don't blame him for wanting it gone."

All of us stayed quiet. I broke the silence as I realized something quite crucial this situation.

"Alright call Strange and we'll see what we can do. We just need to make sure this is all ok with Bucky first please?"

A gravely and pained voice broke through everyone's distracted minds. I turned slowly to find the steel blue eyes unfocused and confused.

"Make what's what's ok with who?"