Jake was sweating profusely. The bead was in his hand and he was just mere seconds away from beading it together with the broken piece to make it look one. But the question was, was he ready to find out the reality?

He had been waiting way too long to find out who held the other piece. And now that he had a chance of finally getting to the truth, his hands shivered.

He didn't know why this was happening to him? Was it because he was not ready for the truth or was it because of the wrong girl that he had been staying with...

Or worst- because he was going to marry that wrong girl????

Jake had no clue, but now, he had no patience, too!

He had to find out. He can't just act so weak and dumb now. He couldn't become a coward and let the matter slip from his hands.

On the other hand, Briana was laying down restless on her bed. She couldn't sleep now either. Firstly, because of the burnt feet she had and how it pained, not letting her lay comfortably. Secondly, because of how careful Jake had been with her. When the latte fell on her, he got the rag from the kitchen and cleaned the area. Later, he carried her in his arms into her room. He treated her wound first and then tucked her well in her bed.

Briana's stomach was filled with wild butterflies as she couldn't get the scene out of her mind. She couldn't believe that Jake could be so careful with someone, let alone her. The way he treated her, caressed her, cared for her was beyond her wildest imaginations.

She couldn't help but blush every time the moment flashed inside her head. It was as if her mind was purposely replaying the moment between them in a loop. You know the feeling you get, when you're all happy and excited at the same moment, but you have to keep quiet about it? It was like that with her.

She wanted to dance, scream and shout so that she could tell everyone how she was feeling. Unfortunately, her feet didn't allow her to.

But wasn't it good that it happened?

After all, that's why Jake cared for her!

At that moment, Briana had forgotten that she kept that piece of jewel on her kitchen slab. Well, it wasn't like it was there anymore but she couldn't even imagine where it was now and what that particular person was doing with it.

Soon, her mind got exhausted and slowly, she fell into a deep slumber.