CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"If you wanna, should be there on Wednesday flight comes in at four." He said, I heard a girl calling in the background. Typical.

"Are you with a girl?"

"Girls," he corrected and I could see the cocky grin he was wearing. "Hmmmm....."

I heard them answer their names for him.

"Yes Stacey and Lacey. Thanks girls." I shook my head. "So I'll see you then babe?"

"Sure yeah."

"I love you babe."

"I know, see ya." I cut off my phone just in time as jay came over to my table.

"Green looks good on you." He said sitting down. I arched a brow. "You got no thanks after I've given you a good compliment?"

"I didn't ask for yours." I said simply finding Bubble Witch Saga on my phone and playing it.

Silence.

"Listen, I came to-------"

"Here you go.' The waiter said resting down my order then I noticed her eyeing Jay and popping her gum for his attention. When he didn't buge she left.

" I know you wanted to peep Jay." I said rolling my eyes as I squeased out my ketchup as usual.

He shook his head. "Am sorry Alaina."

I stared up at him. "For what?"

"For how I've treated you lately. You haven't made it any easier either." He said. He let out a breath when I didn't say anything. "Alaina?"

"Yes Parker?"

"Am talking to you, damn it." He grabbed the fries in my hand and shoved them in his mouth angrily. I found myself laughing instead being pissed.

"That supposed to scar me, Parker?" I rolled my eyes getting serious. "You walk around like you're some kind of king. And you have more mood swings than a girl who's on her period. Like seriously, are you bipolar or something?"

"I said am sorry..... Look, I'm not looking for a commitment or anything, but when I made out with you in your bathroom and then you're talking secrets with my best friend and you-----"

"Ricky has a thing for Lola." I rolled my eyes up at him. I heard him sigh and he relaxed a bit.

"Can you really eat all that?" He asked.

"Yes. This is the best burger ever." I grinned taking a large bite.

"Obviously you haven't tasted my cooking." He said folding his arm. "Drop by tomorrow night and you'll see." He got up.

"Yeah wateva, I'm sure burning water has a secret recipie."

"Ha ha. Funny." He rolled his eyes at me and I stuck out my tongue. "See you around Vega."

I waved him off with a fry as he left.
I leaned back in my seat.

He didn't want anything serious and neither did I hmmmmmm. Maybe I will stop by his place tomorrow.

I smilled wickedly, turning back to my food.