"Briana It's me, Jake!"

The person's voice was enough to startle her to the core. Jake, at her place, at this time? Was everything okay?

She quickly opened the door for him, only to find him standing there in a hoodie, an attire that didn't really speak 'Jake Cooper'. She was absolutely astonished to see him standing right in front of her, at her door. Her jaw dropped as she saw him live in front of him, as she had lost all the hopes of ever seeing him again.

Jake smiled at her as soon as he removed his hoodie, revealing his ever so handsome face.

"Sir?", she gasped seeing him like that.

"Umm.. Technically, I'm not your sir anymore. You resigned, remember?", he taunted her.

"Yea.. sorry I forgot", she said sheepishly.

They stood at the door, staring at each other until he broke the silence.

"Invite me in?", he raised his brow at her.

"Oh, sure. Please come in", she said haphazardly.

Jake walked in and removed his hoodie as it was damp due to the drizzling. Briana went directly to the laundry section to get him some fresh towel.

 Briana went directly to the laundry section to get him some fresh towel

"Thanks", Jake smile at her.

After he settled in, Briana walked over to him.

"So, what brings you here? Is everything okay?", she asked as she sat quite away from him. Jake found that odd but decided not to say anything about it.

"A latte?", he said but it was more like a question. "Can I get a latte first?", he asked.

Briana eyed him head to toe as he was acting a little weird. She bit her lower lip but decided to get him anyways. Perhaps, the last latte she makes for him.

Soon, she made him one and some for herself, too!

Maybe that could help her to sleep, after he leaves.

Meanwhile, Jake was busy looking around the house when she entered with two mugs of steaming hot latte. She offered one to him and took the other one.

As soon as he took the first sip of the drink, his eyes closed in awe. No doubt he had missed this taste the whole week when she was absent. And having it after so long made it worth the late night ride.