Chapter 21 - Agony

Scarlett POV

What caused this to occur? Relias are not especially strong. I tightened my grip on my spear and accelerated at him like a rocket. Tentacles erupted from its chest and raced towards me, aiming for my vital organs.

[Aether Blast]

Purple bombs came in the sky, smashing the tentacles at extraordinary rates. When the beast screamed, it provided me with the opportunity to raise my spear, grip it, and shoot. The spear sped up as wind waves engulfed it and blood spurted from the beast.

It roared, regenerated fast, and shot at me. I rolled beneath the tentacles and blasted them with aether before firing a broad aether beam at them. The monster built a defence as tentacles appeared, which the laser annihilated before slicing further.

The monster tried to regenerate but was unsuccessful; it looks like the beast regeneration has a limit. Taking a chance, I fashioned a blade and reinforced my grip before plunging at breakneck speed towards it. I twisted my torso and swung my sword backwards, forming a beautiful crescent slash. It shrieked in agony as its body soared and launched into the air.

I sank my leg into the earth and lifted my sword, aiming it towards the creature's second head. I lifted my blade, dispersing aether into the beast, and hit it as my blade ripped through its head. Its blood was splashed, and its cries could be heard.

As they flooded the ground with blood, the creature was enraged and screamed and yelled. Its head was no longer regenerating. My face lit up with a big grin; it hadn't been long since I'd been able to go all out with someone.

The monster regained balance as it glared venomously in my eyes. Mana coursed through its veins as it opened its mouth for a spell. A sphere of white light shone brightly as it grew enormously.

I stared at it brightly with an amused look. It shone everlastingly brightly as the gravity around it grew heavier. "I will show this beast what a true spell looks like." I thought.

[Lunatic Orb]

As a massive ball of vibrant purple aether formed in my palm, all of my veins poured aether into it. It twirled in circles as it became larger. I slam it into the beast as it surges forward at breakneck speed.

The beast and my spells clashed, with no obvious winner. The storm raged and the rocks shattered as trees grasped the soil. As a painful expression came on the beast's face, its magic began to vanish. The orb got violent and rushed for the beast, consuming the magic.

Tentacles come and rend into pieces, breaking the curse. The beast howled angrily, releasing a surge of misery. The spell crashed through the beast's torso, splattering blood and creating a hole.

Despite having been injured, the beast quickly recovered. It had begun to decay as it slowly began to regenerate. I created a strategy: because it can't regenerate its head, I attack it first, then its centre.

"AHHHHHHH..." I screamed. 

I had a dreadful feeling in my core as my body shook. I couldn't move since my body hurt from weariness. As sorrow raced through my body, the ground welcomed me with wide arms. My mind raced as the room darkened.

Mantra POV:

My body lurched back, crashing into the tree like a ragdoll. Crashing through it I felt something snap before I collapsed to the ground.

I tried to get up but couldn't, then I felt it. Agony racked through me as blood flowed from my back flowing into a puddle below me

If I can't take on this Relia then how will I be able to take on the Asuras who are 10x stronger? I can't lose here, I want to win, no. I need to win.

"Rune of Death" 

"Ignite"

A black rune covered all of my body, and dark energy filled my veins as my wounds healed in a matter of milliseconds. My hair turned pure black. My eyes changed their once golden hue into a crimson hue. My body grew paler as energy rushes all over my body. A pitch dark torrent composed around my body destroying everything around me.

The beast's pupil widened, staring at me, and its body flinched swiftly.

[Blaze]

Pitch black aether seethed from my body swarming into Onyx flames, poised to strike, aiming for the beast. The Beasts roar reverberated in my ribcage, tentacles snapped barely giving me time to dodge.

Black wind emerged as I twisted my palm, ripping the beast's tentacles. A succession of cries erupted as a result of the sudden agony.

"Kill him" I commanded the black flames in the sky.

The flames flew swiftly, directed at its torso.  The beast swiftly covered himself with tentacles, and onyx flames slammed through, as the beast flinched realizing the agony to come.

Ebon fire ate the beast alive, from top to bottom, the beast has shook and screamed. Not a single piece was left alive, as it disappeared into thin air.

~Author Corner~

What did you think of today's chapter?