Heartbeats spiked up to the level the both of them couldn't tell the difference.

Hours later, with the stars spread out in the dark sky like splashes of paint in a canvas, Abdur Rehman walked out into the backyard with steaming mugs of hot chocolate and coffee. Rafa lay on a dry sheet over the moist grass, staring at the sky and dreaming of their futures together.

"You added halal marshmallows too, right?" she inquired, sitting up on her elbows and taking one of the mugs from her. The hot liquid slished and sloshed, the small white clouds floating on the surface.

"Mmhm." He nodded, sitting down close next to her. The aroma of the dark coffee filled the air.

Behind them the night was alive. Crickets sang their melodies, frogs croaked near the bird fountain a few feet away. Bushes rustled with the little animals, while the gentle breeze swayed the tall sunflower plants.

"Caffeine at night isn't usually a good idea," Rafa announced, peering over her steaming mug to glance at his. "Unless you're planning to stay awake."

Abdur Rehman's cheeks grew red, but it was hard to tell in the darkness. He took a sip of the coffee to hide his face, before saying, "I don't like chocolate."

"What?" She blinked in disbelief. "What?" He shrugged at her reaction. "Why didn't you tell me this when you proposed to me? I . . .you should have told me!"

Her passionate response caught him off guard. "I . . . I'm sorry?"

Her face changed shades of rage and disappointment to Abdur Rehman's horror, before bursting out loud.

"You scared me," he confessed, earning an elbow jab from her.

"I was just kidding, my love. Aunty told me already."

"Mama told you?"

"Yeah, the first time I made your breakfast."

He finally grinned, more so when Rafa scooted closer to him and squeezed his arm, her body still vibrating with laughter.

"You scare me sometimes, Rafa. You scare me with how much I love you, with how special you are to me. Within a short time you've become so important to me, I don't know what I would do if we ever get separated."

"I thought I was the cheesy one," she teased.

Morning light filtered through the curtains and no matter how much he wanted to stay in bed, cuddled with his wife, he ought to get up, for Monday blues were too real in his life and how much they made him wish that he could still be on his honeymoon

Twisting towards Rafa who was still asleep with little to no distress from the process of waking, Abdur Rehman could only feel a tad bit jealous. But soon, the innocence of her beauty cleared away all his negative thoughts and brought along a whiff of positivity.