𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , i.e.d

Start from the beginning

The Hale looked at Scott, watching how he raised his brow at the beta, warning him off. Even if a strong feeling of anger still ran through him the boy took a deep breath as he turned back to the man with a hand latched around his neck. Derek told the Alpha that he was right when he'd said Liam was angry, then, he released the beta, dropping him to his feet.

Liam's chest still heaved as he looked at the Alpha, wanting to ask who the hell the person that had attacked him out of nowhere was, but Scott simply held up a lacrosse stick, telling him that it was his stick, not the one that Derek had snapped in half. With a curled-up lip and his stick in his hand, Liam snarled at the man who showed no remorse as the bell rang in their ears, it was time for the beta to head to his next class, Scott egging him to leave.

As Liam left Scott shook his head, he too wanted to know what the hell had happened when he turned to Derek, but the smirk across the Hale's face had distracted him. "What are you smiling about?" He asked with a knitted brow.

"You're gonna be good at this." Derek reassured him with an approving nod.

Scott scoffed in disbelief, asking if he was kidding. He was totally unprepared, he didn't need to know what few things Derek said he could teach him before, he needed a whole manual to have an idea of how the hell to handle a beta. Derek couldn't provide him with the training manual on betas, but he gave the wolf some insight. The anger that Liam had would make him strong, Scott added the word dangerous to the mix, Derek agreed to that too, anger like that would make him very dangerous.

The Alpha sighed as he sat down on one of the benches. "This was supposed to be the semester I could focus on school again." Derek took the seat beside him, prepared to listen as Scott got it all off of his chest. "But Kate's back. And I've got a beta. And there's a dead pool."

"If all of our names are on that list, then that's what we should focus on." Derek advised. "But if there's anyone that could juggle all of this, it's Scott McCall." The wolf reassured him. "I wasn't a good Alpha, but you will be. There are a lot of things you have that I don't. You have people that will back you through this every step of the way." Scott nodded in agreement, his friends were great. The best he could ask for. They had been the biggest support he'd had through all of this. "You know what else you have to get you through it all that I didn't?" Derek asked, Scott looked at him, shaking his head. "It's always good to have someone willing to fight for you, you have a hunter with talents some Alpha's dream of having behind them. You have a Kinsey."

Scott nodded, he knew he had gotten lucky to have a friend like Kinsey behind him, not just in a method of combat, but as a best friend who frankly, he would be lost without. "But she doesn't want any part in this. She won't even look at the dead pool."

"She'll come around." Derek believed. "She just needs some encouragement from her Alpha, she will be your beta too one day."

Kinsey Argent sat at an easel, a pencil in hand as she stared at a blank canvas.

She had done this a million times she told herself. She could do it again. Granted, the last time it happened was over an entire summer, and for a few months following that, it had been gradual, accidental, and stress-free. That wasn't the case this time. There was a time limit, pressure, and a dollar sign hanging over the head of all of her friends, herself too. From what those who'd seen the list had told her, the only person yet to have their name on it was Liam Dunbar, a slight relief to them all. They had one less supernatural to look out for, at least not because he was at risk of being killed. His anger issues were still a growing problem for them.