Briana composed herself instantly, "Ya, I'm fine!", she said with newly found confidence.

"Then why aren't you going inside? He's calling you!", she said gesturing to their boss's cabin.

Briana looked towards his cabin and then at her shoes. Going inside could be disastrous and humiliating at the same time. She didn't trust her emotions at this point as they were overwhelmed by the thought of losing onto Jake Cooper forever. But with no other option left, she smiled at her, grabbed her iPad and walked over to his cabin.

She raised her hand to knock on the door but stopped. Briana was hesitant. She didn't know how to face him. She didn't know how her heart would react, now that it knows that Jake's going to be someone's husband!

Shit! She didn't even imagine him as someone's boyfriend, let alone husband.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

The door suddenly opened, revealing a pissed Jake glaring at Briana. Her hand was still in the air from when she was about to knock on the door. Jake gave her a look as he demanded answer. Briana couldn't say anything. She was as silent as a corpse.

Before she could react or say anything, Jake held her arms and pulled her inside the cabin while shutting the door behind them

"What's wrong with you, Briana? Why were you waiting at the door?", he asked as he glowered at her. "You're already coming after a week and now you're procrastinating? What are you up to?", he chided as he walked back to his desk.

Briana didn't say anything for a moment because honestly, she had no guts to say anything. But she had to. She had to tell him what was going on in her mind, as being silent would only make her a culprit, which she wasn't.

"I-I quit!", she stuttered.

Jake stopped in his tracks as soon as he heard her say this. He slowly turned around to look at her with narrowed eyes.

"Excuse me?", he titled his head sideways.

"I quit, sir!", she said, holding the iPad tight to her chest. "I-I can't work here anymore", she stated looking straight into his eyes.

"What do you mean by that?", he asked, astonished. Briana didn't say anything but lowered her gaze. He waited for her to say something, anything. On receiving no reply from her, he approached her and held her face by her chin. "Is it about the officers who had harassed you?", he asked, his tone laced with concern.

 "Is it about the officers who had harassed you?", he asked, his tone laced with concern