"I knew it would be you", she spoke, rolling her eyes as her lips twitched upwards.

"Ahhh, missing me already?", Ricky mocked her from the other side.

"Do you ever give me a chance to miss you?", she shook her head as a small smile formed on her lips.

"Never! And why should I when I know how it feels when you miss someone so much! Why should I let you go through the misery of missing your special one when I already know the pain!", he faked despair.

"Oh shut up! I know you so well and how that motor mouth of yours works!", she chided him.

"Ouch! That hurt me, Babe!", he gagged, earning a small chortle from her.

"You are such an.. Exaggerator!", she fake scolded him.

"Just for you, baby", he mimicked a hoarse voice.

And just like that, they spoke for the rest of the night, until she finally gave up and went inside to sleep.

.

.

The next morning, when she reached office, she heard people talking a lot in whispers. She looked around herself and found others engrossed in something that they had received on their mobile phones. However, she was unaware of it.

Ignoring the whispers around her, she headed straight for her desk where she met her colleague staring at her phone

"Hey!", Briana greeted her, settling into her place.

"Hey Briana!", she replied with a huge smile on her face. "Thank God you're back! A week without you was like a week without oxygen as boss actually ripped me of it!", she sighed.

"What?", Briana chuckled. "Why do you say that?", she asked taking out her iPad.

"It's because I got to know what you go through every day with this tough man! He could be a pain in the ass!", she gagged, earning another chortle from Briana. "How do you even handle his ass?", she asked, exaggerating.

Briana couldn't answer that question as it ripped the smile off of her face. True that it wasn't easy to work with a person like Jake but.. she had her reasons and that's why she liked being around him, even if that meant humiliation half of the time.

"Anyways! I gotta tell you something!", her colleague jumped in her seat.

"Okay okay! What is it?", Briana asked, as she gathered her things.

"I'm sure you have no clue about this, since you were on leave but you have to know it", she said holding Briana's hands as she made her sit.

"Alright! I'm all ears", Briana sat back in a defeasible manner.

"Jake, our boss and that woman Mia.. They have-", she was cut off immediately as she looked behind Briana. On noticing the sudden change in her expression, Briana followed where her colleague was looking, only to come face to face with the devil himself.

Jake had just exited his elevator and was heading towards them, making them stand still in their tracks. As soon as his eyes landed on Briana, he squinted his eyes at her. The way he strode towards them, gave her goosebumps. Not having seen him for so long, then coming face to face with him, sent chills down her spine.

Briana's mouth was sealed in a thin line until the devil himself came up to her and stopped right at her desk. Eyeing her head to toe, he tilted his head to get a better look of her. All this while, Briana did nothing but stare back at those hazel orbs that could kill so many with just one look.

"Good morning, Briana!", he greeted her first, for the very first time.

She got tongue-tied as this was the least expected thing. On seeing that Briana was unable to respond, her friend banged her shoulder against Briana's to bring her back to the reality.

 On seeing that Briana was unable to respond, her friend banged her shoulder against Briana's to bring her back to the reality

"Go-Good morning, sir", she said, trying to gain composure.

"Well, it's great to have you back", he said, sending a smile in her direction.

Too stunned to speak anything, Briana kept standing like a statue.

"Good morning, sir", her colleague greeted Jake, gaining his attention.

"Good morning", he said and was about to turn around to leave when the girl standing next to Briana called out.

"And sir-", she said, "Congratulations!", she blurted.

Jake turned around to look at her and then at Briana.

"For what?", he squinted his eyes at her while Briana just stared at her colleague.

"For your wedding!", she said.

.

.

And Briana was found lying dead on the floor!

****